- Services / facilities within the building include community room with serving hatch from kitchen, accessible and standard toilets, standard changing room.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include synthetic bowling green.
- Related link Lloyd Park.
- Related link Aveling Centre.
- Related link William Morris Gallery.
- The community bowls pavilion, is located in the centre of Lloyd Park.
- The nearest entrance is on Aveling Park Road, where there is also vehicle entrance to the bowler's car park.
- Please see the guide to Lloyd Park for details of the Bedford Road car park and other entrances into the park.
- The venue is open for a weekly timetable of bowling sessions.
- It is also available to hire both for bowling and as a community hall for general use.
- Please contact the venue for the details of the opening timetable.
- Please note that the Aveling Park Bowling Green next to the community pavilion is a separate members' club and was not part of the survey.
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Walthamstow Central.
- The nearest underground station is Walthamstow Central.
Parking (Bowlers' Car Park - Aveling Park Road Gate)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located off Aveling Park Road, to the east of the park.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- This car park is intended for users of the Community Bowls Pavilion and the Aveling Park Bowling Club.
- The vehicle access gates may only be open at times when these facilities are scheduled to be in use.
Outside Access (Centre Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located facing the bowling green.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- The entrance at the left hand end of the building opens into the kitchen area.
- There is a similar entrance into the standard changing room at the right hand end of the building.
- There are also doors (double with one leaf locked) 95cm wide at the centre of the building, leading directly into the community room.
- These were concealed by the roller shutter at the time of our visit.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
- There are chairs without arm rests and 73cm high tables in the community room.
- The furniture may be arranged as required.
Standard Changing Room
- There is a/are standard changing room(s) available.
- The standard changing room(s) is/are approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the changing room entrance.
- The standard changing room(s) is/are approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the bowling green.
- The standard changing room(s) surveyed is/are located at the right hand end of the building.
- There is level access to the standard changing room(s).
- Shower facilities are not available within the changing room(s).
- There is one shared changing room which is also used for equipment storage.
Level Change (Access to Bowling Green)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading directly on to the bowling green.
- The ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is portable.
- Please contact a member of staff for use of the portable ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located all around the perimeter of the bowling green.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are deep (18cm+).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There is a drop of over 30cm from the level path around the bowling green to the green surface.
- The portable ramp, which is stored in the changing room, may be positoned as required.
- There are also portable sets of two steps, with handrails to one side, which may be used.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the community room entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the right of the community room.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 320cm x 210cm (10ft 6in x 6ft 11in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 210cm (6ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- This room also has a fixed bench seat and lockers.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the right of the community room.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the community room entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located within the park area, outside the bowling green enclosure.