- The route plan is Pethick-Lawrence, Fawcett and Pankhurst Houses to the Lionel Robbins Building. It goes via Clement's Inn, the Centre Building Courtyard and John Watkins Plaza.
- The route covers a distance of approximately 100m and includes slopes ranging from easy to steep, plus a lift to overcome steps.
Along Clement's Inn to the Steps or Lift
- On leaving these buildings, turn left onto Clement's Inn.
- Continue past the bicycle racks on the left and right.
- Continue for 25m from the entrance to Fawcett and Pankhurst Houses to the lift and steps ahead of you.
- The lift is located to the left of the steps.
- The surface consists of uneven tarmac.
Lift or Steps to Centre Building Courtyard
- Ahead there is a lift to overcome the steps up to Grange Court.
- This lift requires an LSE keycard to operate.
- The clear door width of the lift is 90cm.
- The lift is 135cm wide and 155cm in depth.
- The card reader and lift open button are at a height of 95cm and there is an exterior alarm which is at a height of 90cm.
- The height of the lift controls within the lift are at a height of 110cm.
- There is an audible announcer, visual floor indicator, tactile markings and a hearing loop. There are identical, separate entry/exit doors and no mirror to aid reversing. The lift has a weight limit of 750kg.
- Alternately, go up the 14 medium unmarked steps (shown in photograph 4).
- There is no tactile paving.
- There are handrails on either side of the steps.
- There is a gate at the top of the steps with a width of 240cm.
- After overcoming the level change either via steps or lift, cross Grange Court and continue straight through the gap in the Centre Building with a slight ramp to the Centre Building Courtyard. The ramp has a handrail going through the middle for the first part.
Centre Building Courtyard to John Watkins Plaza
- After entering the Centre Building Courtyard, continue across the courtyard toward the John Watkins Plaza in the far right hand corner.
- Head past the tree bed structures toward the ramp.
- The courtyard has a block paving surface with very slight slopes in places.
John Watkins Plaza to Lionel Robbins Building
- To access John Watkins Plaza, there is a long upward steep slope with handrails on either side approximately 15m long.
- There are bollards at bottom of this slope, making access to the ramp between 122 and 145cm wide.
- When you get to the top of the slope, cross the plaza, which has block paving surface and a slight gradient leading up. The entrance to the Lionel Robbins Building is directly ahead of you.