- The total distance of the route is approximately 300M.
Turn Right and continue for 35m until you reach Kingsway
- Turn right and continue until you reach Kingsway. This will involve heading around the corner of Aldwych and onto Kingsway.
- The surface of the pavement is block paving and there is a slight uphill gradient.
- As you head around the corner you will encounter a large grouping of manhole covers to the left of the pavement.
Head along Kingsway for 80m until you reach Portugal Street
- The surface of the road is block paving, with a stretch of concrete next to the buildings.
- There are occasional manhole covers along the pavement.
- There is a slight uphill gradient along Kingsway as well as a slight gradient heading downhill towards the road.
- As you reach Portugal Street, there is a patch of brick block paving and patches of concrete, as shown in photograph 3.
- As you reach the corner of Portugal Street, you will find the entrance to 20 Kingsway to your right, as shown in photograph 4.
Cross Portugal Street
- There are drop kerbs with tactile paving on either side of the road.
- The surface of the road is brick block paving with manhole covers.
Continue along Kingsway for 80m to Sardinia Street
- After you cross Portugal Street, continue along the pavement passing the first and second 22 Kingsway building entrances. The path along here is mostly paving slabs with cobbled brick paving after 22 Kingsway. The path is even all the way. There are a few manhole covers as you reach Sardinia Street.
Continue along Sardinia Street 55m to Sardinia Street Zebra Crossing
- When you reach the Sardinia Street crossing, turn right into Sardinia Street and continue along the path to the pedestrian zebra crossing.
- The path on Sardinia Street is mainly paving slabs and some cobbled brick sections. There is a long service road in the middle of the pathway which has a tarmac surface.
- The path is mostly level throughout.
Sardinia Street Zebra Crossing to Lincoln's Inn Fields
- As you reach the end of Sardinia Street, turn left to use the zebra crossing to Lincoln's Inn Fields. The crossing is level with tactile paving on both sides. As you cross, be wary of traffic on both sides of the road.
- After crossing, continue along the path Lincoln's Inn Fields and turn left into the forecourt of the entrance to the New Academic Building.
- Alternatively, after crossing you can use the 3 medium steps at the corner of Lincoln's Inn Fields to enter the forecourt.
Turn left onto New Academic Building Forecourt 20m Ahead
- Immediately after passing the tree there is tactile paving across the path.
- Just beyond this to the left there is stepped access onto the New Academic Building forecourt.
- There are a total of three, clearly marked, moderate steps with handrails on both sides.
- For level access onto the forecourt continue down Lincoln's Inn Fields for a further 15 metres before turning left.
- The entrance is directly ahead from this point.