COVID-19 Information (Cwmbran Centre)
- The venue is located on Gwent Square within the Cwmbran Centre.
- For more information on Cwmbran Shopping Centre please click here (new tab).
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- Services/facilities within the venue include facilities for hire and sale of disability aids and equipment.
- For the Cwmbran Centre - General Rees Multi-Storey Car Park AccessAble Access Guide please click here (new tab).
- Monday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Sunday 10:00 - 16:00.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off Gwent Square.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance is signed with 'Shopmobility'.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (away from you).
- The main automatic door(s) is/are push pad or push button activated.
- The push pad or push button is 96cm from floor level.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 78cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located on the path leading to the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The counter is located to the left as you enter.
- The counter is approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The counter is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the counter are moderate to good.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- Clipboards can be provided to anyone who is unable to use the counter.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The type of flooring in this area is carpet.
- There is a waiting area close to the counter.
- Access to the waiting area is unobstructed.
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
Access and Circulation
- There is step-free access throughout the building.
- The type of flooring in corridors/walkways is carpet.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are good.
- This venue does not play background music/sound.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the hearing system.
- The hearing assistance system was not tested at the time of the survey.
- Route maps are not available.
- Manual wheelchairs are available.
- Powered wheelchairs are available.
- Powered scooters are available.
- Equipment does not have to be booked in advance.
- There is a hire charge.
- Escorts are not normally available to assist around town / city.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a visual impairment.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a hearing impairment.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) available.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located in the bus terminal toilet block.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located in the bus terminal toilet block.