- The racecourse is located on the edge of Market Rasen. There is a clear signage on the roads leading to the racecourse.
- There are 3 main raceday car parks for the County, Tattersalls and the Lawn enclosures. There are also 2 park and picnic car parks.
- For more information on driving to the racecourse please click here (opens new tab).
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- Buses run from both Lincoln and Grimsby however do not stop directly at the Racecourse. The route numbers can vary depending on when you are visiting the racecourse. Please double check this ahead of your trip.
- For more information on Stagecoach Buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Market Rasen.
- Market Rasen has its own railway station which is approximately 1 mile from the racecourse. There are taxis available at the station.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- For the racecourse map please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are not mobility aids available.
Step(s) (County Grandstand Steps)
- There is a/are step(s) located leading from the Trackside up to the Southwold Box.
- There is/are 15+ step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides of the step(s).
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- After completing the first set of stairs from trackside up to the steppings.
- There are 13 steps from the front of the steppings to the Southwold Box entrance.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are 20cm high.
Executive Boxes (Southwold Box)
- The box is located at the rear of the County Grandstand.
- There are 1 boxes in this stand.
- There is stepped access to this area.
- There is a/are single, light manual door(s) to access this area.
- The door opening width(s) is/are under 75cm for the room(s).
- There is step-free access within this area.
- The type of flooring in this area is carpet.
- The lighting levels are good.
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 70cm.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests on both sides.
- The type of service provided in this box can vary.
- The access onto the racecourse viewing on the steppings is via the entrance. There are large windows giving a good view of the racecourse from the box.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located at the rear of the County Enclosure.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located at the rear of the County Enclosure.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around Market Rasen Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.