- Marks and Spencer store opening times and services available link (new tab) - click here.
- The store is located within West Swansea Retail Park.
- The details within this access guide relate to the Marks and Spencer store and not the retail park.
Public Transport and Parking
- There is a bus stop within approximately 150m of the store.
- The nearest train station is Swansea.
- The store does not have its own car park.
- The store shares a car park/parking facilities.
- Clearly marked/signposted designated Blue Badge parking bays are available.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are available.
- There is step free access on the approach to the store.
- The surface of the approach is stone/concrete tiles.
- There is a/are fixed bollard(s) on the approach to the store.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double.
- The width of the door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in).
- There is a second set of doors at this entrance.
- The second set of doors open automatically.
- The second set of doors are double.
- The width of the door opening is 157cm (5ft 2in).
- There are 2 similar doors to the left and right on entering.
- There is step free access throughout the store.
- There is some flooring which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- The store does not play background music.
- There is a/are fixed hearing assistance system(s) in the store.
- The hearing assistance system(s) is/are located at the till/counter.
- There is not a cash machine in the store.
- There is a/are wheelchair(s) available to borrow.
- Trolleys designed for the use of wheelchair users are not available.
Click and Collect
- There is an Click and Collect service in the store.
*****Click and Collect Touchscreen****
- Self-service touchscreens are available for Click and Collect.
- The touchscreens are 112cm to 165cm from the floor.
- There is a button which will condense the screen content.
- The height of the button is 115cm from the floor.
- Once condensed the touchscreen heights are 112cm to 141cm from the floor.
- The touchscreens are located at the rear of the store. They are approximately 40m from the main entrance.
- Returns can also be made at the click and collect touchscreens.
- The height of the return window is 95cm.
- The Food Hall is located ahead as you enter.
- There is step free access to the Food Hall.
- The majority of aisles have a clear width of 100cm+ and are clear of obstructions.
- There is step free access throughout the Food Hall aisle(s).
- There is not a food information counter.
- There is a/are checkout(s) and self service till(s) (Scott tills) in the Food Hall.
- The height of the checkout(s) is/are 94cm.
- There is not a self service till with a hearing assistance system.
- Staff can provide assistance with using the self service till(s) (Scott tills).
- There is a fixed hearing loop at one of the checkouts, however it was not working at the time of the survey.
- The highest part of the screen at the high self-checkout tills is 150cm.
- The lowest part of the screen at the high self-checkout tills is 130cm.
- The highest part of the screen at the low self-checkout tills is 140cm.
- The lowest part of the screen at the low self-checkout tills is 120cm.
- There is not an accessible toilet in the store.
- There are no standard toilets in the store.
- Staff undertake regular internal awareness training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- There is a member of staff available to provide assistance.
- There is not a home delivery service available from the store.
Sunflower Lanyard Scheme
- This store is part of the Sunflower Lanyard Scheme.
- The Sunflower Lanyard Scheme helps people with hidden disabilities which aren’t always obvious – such as autism, dementia and visual or hearing impairments.