Show Easy Read
- Marks and Spencer store opening times and services available link (new tab) - click here.
- The store is located within Newcastle Airport.
- The details within this access guide relate to the Marks and Spencer store and not the airport.
- Newcastle Airport link (new tab) - click here.
Public Transport and Parking
- There is a bus stop within approximately 150m of the store.
- The nearest train station is Newcastle Central.
- The nearest underground tube station/Metro station is Airport.
- The store does not have its own car park.
- The store shares a car park/parking facilities.
- Clearly marked/signposted designated Blue Badge parking bays are available.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located in the Express Car Park.
- There is a dropped kerb between the drop off point and the store.
- Access into Newcastle Airport is step-free via double width automatic doors.
- There is step free access on the approach to the store.
- The surface of the approach is tiled.
- This information is for the entrance located in the main landside concourse of the airport.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 362cm (11ft 11in).
- There is step free access throughout the store.
- There is some flooring which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- The store does not play background music.
- There are no hearing assistance system(s) in the store.
- There is not a cash machine in the store.
- Trolleys designed for the use of wheelchair users are not available.
Order and Collect
- There is not an Order and Collect service in the store.
- The Food Hall is located ahead as you enter.
- There is step free access to the Food Hall.
- The majority of aisles have a clear width of 100cm+ and are clear of obstructions.
- There is step free access throughout the Food Hall aisle(s).
- There is not a food information counter.
- There is a/are checkout(s) in the Food Hall.
- The height of the checkout(s) is/are 90cm.
- The height of the lowered section of the checkout(s) is 73cm.
- The Café is located in front of the store.
- There is step free access to the Café.
- There is a clear accessible route to the Café.
- There is step free access throughout the Café.
- Food and/or drink(s) is/are ordered from the service counter.
- Food and/or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a priority table for wheelchair users.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- All chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 2m from the Café entrance/opening.
- The distance between the floor and the dining tables is 70cm.
- There is clear manoeuvring space throughout the Café.
- Menus are available on the wall.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in good contrasting colours.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Two handle cups are not available.
- The Café does not play background music.
- WiFi is not available in the Café.
- There is not an accessible toilet in the store.
- There are no standard toilets in the store.
- A Changing Places facility is available within the airport.
- There is an accessible toilet available within the airport.
- Standard toilets are available within the airport.
- Baby changing facilities are available within the airport.
- Staff undertake regular internal awareness training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- There is not a home delivery service available from the store.