- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- To help keep all customers and colleagues well, stores have additional social distancing measures in place such as signage and floor markings.
- M&S hosts will welcome you on arrival and will carefully count the number of customers in-store using a market-leading app to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Colleagues across stores have been provided with additional hygiene measures – from hand sanitisers to Perspex screen at till points – and extra cleaning is taking place to keep up the excellent standards for you and the teams.
- Toilets are available.
- A new Book & Shop tool enables Sparks Customers to book a shopping slot in advance to keep queues to a minimum and maintain a safe shopping environment for all customers.
- Opening times may be subject to change due to Covid-19 restrictions. Latest opening time for stores can be found here.
- Marks and Spencer store opening times and services available link (new tab) - click here.
- The store is located on a main shopping street.
Public Transport and Parking
- There is a bus stop within approximately 150m of the store.
- The nearest train station is Wood Street.
- The nearest underground tube station/Metro station is South Woodford.
- The store has its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located to the rear of the store.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked/signposted.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 330cm x 450cm (10ft 10in x 14ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 35m (38yd 10in) from the entrance.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are available.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- Customers do not have to cross a road between the car park and the store.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is step free access on the approach to the store.
- There is a slight slope on the approach to the store.
- The surface of the approach is stone/concrete tiles and block paving.
- This information is for the entrance located on George Lane.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically away from you.
- The door(s) is/are double.
- The width of the door opening is 135cm (4ft 5in).
- There is step free access throughout the store.
- There is some flooring which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- The store does not play background music.
- There is a/are fixed hearing assistance system(s) in the store.
- The hearing assistance system(s) is/are located at the food information counter.
- There is not a cash machine in the store.
- There is a/are wheelchair(s) available to borrow.
- Trolleys designed for the use of wheelchair users are available.
Order and Collect
- There is an Order and Collect service in the store.
- Customers can obtain online Order and Collect items from the food information counter.
- The Food Hall is located ahead as you enter.
- There is step free access to the Food Hall.
- The majority of aisles have a clear width of 100cm+ and are clear of obstructions.
- There is step free access throughout the Food Hall aisle(s).
- There is a food information counter.
- There is step free access to the food information counter.
- There is a clear accessible route to the food information counter.
- The height of the food information counter is 95cm.
- There is a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- There is a/are checkout(s) and self service till(s) (Scott tills) in the Food Hall.
- The height of the checkout(s) is/are 95cm.
- Staff can provide assistance with using the self service till(s) (Scott tills).
- There is not an accessible toilet in the store.
- There are no standard toilets in the store.
- Staff undertake regular internal awareness training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- There is a member of staff available to provide assistance.
- There is not a home delivery service available from the store.
Sunflower Lanyard Scheme
- This store is part of the Sunflower Lanyard Scheme.
- The Sunflower Lanyard Scheme helps people with hidden disabilities which aren’t always obvious – such as autism, dementia and visual or hearing impairments.