- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- The following are currently closed; Garden Detectives Gallery, Bee corner dressing up area, the Theatre, Farm Explorer Tractor Trailer, Farmhouse, access to the small farm steading buildings.
- There have been no changes to the parking.
- An external queuing system (with social distancing markings) has been introduced at the main entrance to the museum building.
There is a member of the team greeting visitors outside on arrival, when resources allow there is also an additional member of the team at the farm steading and in the courtyard at the exit door.
- Due to a new one-way route around the museum, the main museum entrance is now not encouraged as an exit point.
Access to the main entrance at the museum building is controlled via a member of the team and tensa barriers.
- The exit point at courtyard level is now the main exit. You cannot re-enter the building via the courtyard door.
- Farm steading buildings are not accessible at this time due to constraints on social distancing.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed at entrances and exit points, at the level 3 toilets, within the Tools Gallery, in the picnic field and in the farm steading.
- The capacity has been reduced accordingly to accommodate social distancing. The online booking system controls the capacity with a set number of tickets being available for each hourly arrival time slot.
- A one-way route has been implemented around the museum, indicated by the purple footprint stickers on the floor and Tensa barriers are situated in certain areas to restrict access or promote an alternative route.
- The footpath to the farm follows mostly a one way route. Visitors with mobility issues are allowed to drive to the farm when capacity allows. See access map here.
- General signage, directional signage and floor markings have been added throughout.
- Protective screens have been added in the shop, in the café and at the ticket desk.
- Signage at the toilet entrance indicates one household per visit only.
- Face masks/coverings must be worn indoors at all times unless exempt.
- Additional Information
- Tickets should be purchased in advance via the website at which point contact details will be recorded and stored securely for 21 days after the visit.
- Contact details are required for at least one member of the party.
- Contactless card transactions are preferred on site.
- Assistance dogs are still permitted on site but must be kept on a lead.
- The venue is certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information on the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard please click here.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- To see a video of the COVID-19 measures that are in place please click here.
- The museum is located to the North West of East Kilbride via Stewartfield Way, close to the A726/A727 interchange.
- There is a car park at the main building and parking can be arranged at the farmhouse buildings off Kittochside Road.
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- Bus 31 serving East Kilbride stops around 300m away on Stewartfield Way.
- For more information on buses in East Kilbride please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Hairmyres.
- Hairmyres station is around 2 miles away. Taxi and bus routes are available from the station.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request and large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/near by.
- The assistance dog toilet or toileting area is located to the rear of the main building.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a member of staff.
- The venue does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located opposite the museum.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac and block paving.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available.
- All parking spaces are provided on a first come first served basis.
- Parking at the farm buildings off Kittochside Road can be arranged at the museum.
Blue Badge Parking
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked and signposted.
- There is/are 12 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 335cm x 490cm (10ft 12in x 16ft 1in).
- The dimensions of other designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) vary in size.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are not parking charges for the car park.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac.
- There is a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- There is no tactile paving on dropped kerbs between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 71m (77yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is a/are clearly marked drop-off point(s).
- 4 of the designated Blue Badge bays are located in front of the museum and do not require any road crossing.
- Standard parking bays have a surface of loose chippings.
- Some of the standard bays are located on a moderate slope.
- Some of the standard parking bays do not have a dropped kerb.