- The information in this section was taken in November 2021.
- Some buildings may have limited access though many have now re-opened. The Stables remain closed.
- There have been no changes to the parking.
- There is a member of the team greeting visitors outside the Farm on arrival, and an additional member of the team at the Farm Steading and/or Courtyard.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed at entrances and exit points, at the toilets, within the Tools Gallery, in the Picnic Field and in the Farm Steading.
- The capacity has been reduced to accommodate social distancing. The online booking system controls the capacity with a set number of tickets being available for each hourly arrival time slot.
- Tensa barriers are situated in certain areas to restrict access or promote an alternative route.
- The footpath to the Farm follows mostly a one way route. Visitors with mobility issues are allowed to drive to the Farm when capacity allows. See access map here.
- General signage, directional signage and floor markings have been added throughout.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Protective screens have been added in the Shop, in the Café and at the Ticket Desk.
- Face masks/coverings must be worn indoors at all times unless exempt.
- Additional Information
- Tickets should be purchased in advance via the website at which point contact details will be recorded and stored securely for 21 days after the visit.
- Contact details are required for at least one member of the party.
- Contactless card transactions are preferred on site.
- Assistance dogs are still permitted on site but must be kept on a lead.
- The venue is certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information on the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard please click here.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- To see a video of the COVID-19 measures that are in place please click here.
- The museum is located to the North West of East Kilbride via Stewartfield Way, close to the A726/A727 interchange.
- There is a car park at the main building and parking can be arranged at the farmhouse buildings off Kittochside Road.
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- Bus 31 serving East Kilbride stops around 300m away on Stewartfield Way.
- For more information on buses in East Kilbride please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Hairmyres.
- Hairmyres station is around 2 miles away. Taxi and bus routes are available from the station.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request and large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/near by.
- The assistance dog toilet or toileting area is located to the rear of the main building.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a member of staff.
- The venue does have its own parking facilities.
- The car park is located opposite the Museum.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac and block paving.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available.
- All parking spaces are provided on a first come first served basis.
- Parking at the Farm Buildings off Kittochside Road can be arranged at the Museum.
Blue Badge Parking
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked and signposted.
- There is/are 12 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 240cm x 490cm (7ft 10in x 16ft 1in).
- The Blue Badge parking bays have a marked zone to both sides but not at the rear.
- The marked zones around the Blue Badge parking bay(s) have at least the recommended width of 120cm.
- The dimensions of other designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) vary in size.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are no parking charges for the car park.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac.
- There is a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- There is no tactile paving on dropped kerbs between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 71m (77yd 1ft) from the Main Entrance.
- There is not a/are not clearly marked drop-off point(s).
- 4 of the designated Blue Badge bays are located in front of the Museum and do not require any road crossing.
- Standard parking bays have a surface of loose chippings.
- Some of the standard bays are located on a moderate slope.
- Some of the standard parking bays do not have a dropped kerb.