- Services / facilities within the building include Emotional Well-Being and Mental Health Service.
- EWMHS Basildon is located off Great Oaks.
- EWMHS Basildon does not have its own parking but has the Great Oaks multi storey and a standard ground level carpark within 150m of the service.
- The nearest bus stop is located on Long Riding. The services that stop here are the 1, 1A, 5, 8A, 15, 21, 25, 25A, 44, 220, 825 and the SB81.
- The nearest train station is Basildon.
- This link is to the home website of c2c, operators of Basildon train station.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- This link is to the home website of First Group, operators of bus services close to EWMHS Basildon.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- British Sign Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request, large print on request, different languages on request and audio on request.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow to aid transferring around the building.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are not available.
Public Car Park
- There is a car park for public use within approximately 200m (219yd).
- The public car park is located on Great Oaks.
- The name of the car park is Great Oaks.
- There is not a designated drop-off point.
- There is a multi storey and separate ground level car park located on Great Oaks.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 81cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left side of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on the right going up.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 132cm (4ft 4in).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the step(s).
- The height of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides going up.
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Getting Around The Building
- There is step free access throughout the building.
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- There are corridors with a surface width of less than 120cm (excluding any permanent obstructions over a small distance).
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl.
- There is some flooring in corridors which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- Handrails with a rounded or oval profile are not provided in corridors.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Lighting levels of at least 100 lux at floor level, were recorded in all corridors surveyed.
- Wayfinding signage is not provided.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- This venue does play background music in public areas.
- Music is played in the waiting and reception area.
- There is not a hearing assistance system in the public areas of the building.
- The reception point is located ahead on entering.
- The reception point is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to the reception point.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the reception point.
- There are windows, glazed screens or mirrors behind the reception point which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The reception counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the reception point are good.
- The height of the reception counter is low (76cm or lower).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the low section of the desk.
- The counter is not staffed.
- There is a bell to attract attention.
- The bell is at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Signs and universally accepted symbols or pictograms, indicating lifts, stairs, WCs, circulation routes and other parts of the building are not provided in the reception area.
Reception Waiting Area
- There is a waiting area close to the reception point.
- Access to the waiting area is unobstructed.
- There is not sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
- The seats do not have armrests.
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The accessible toilet surveyed is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left on entering.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a lever twist.
- The door is heavy.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 169cm x 309cm (5ft 7in x 10ft 2in).
- The accessible toilet does not have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- The toilet has a non-slip floor.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 107cm (3ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a vertical wall-mounted grab rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- There is a spatula type lever flush.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the toilet.
- There is a/are waste paper pedal bin disposal units.
- There is a flashing fire alarm beacon within the toilet.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- There is a/are wall-mounted grab rail(s) available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rail(s) is/are on the left.
- There are vertical wall-mounted grab rails on both sides of the wash basin.
- There is a horizontal wall-mounted grab rail on the opposite side of the seat to the transfer space.
- There is not a colostomy changing shelf for standing users next to the toilet.
- There is not a standard shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- The mirror is not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The toilet has a cistern.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 93cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 72cm (2ft 4in).
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 112cm.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 147cm (4ft 10in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are low to moderate.
Baby Changing Facilities
- Baby changing facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The baby change table is not set against the wall, permanently fixed at 75cm from the floor.
- The baby change table is not height adjustable.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 101cm (3ft 4in).
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.