Show Easy Read
Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of The July Course please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- There are three wheelchairs available for hire from the Course Office. You are advised to book a wheelchair in advance with the Customer Relation department to guarantee use of this service.
- Temporary induction loops can also be provided. The induction loop provided is a neck loop (which is used in conjunction with a hearing aid) or earphones to use with the pack (if preferred please bring your own headphones to use with the pack). Please contact the Course Office for help with this service.
- Merge onto the A11 at junction 9, signposted Newmarket and Norwich. After 10 miles branch left and merge onto the A1304, signposted Newmarket. After 5 miles take the second exit at the roundabout, signposted The July Racecourse. The Sat Nav postcode is CB8 0XE.
- The nearest Railway Station is Newmarket.
- A complimentary shuttle bus service runs on all racedays between Newmarket town centre and Newmarket Racecourse. Starting approximately 2 hours before the first race the service picks up outside Hughes Electrical Store on the High Street and at the train station. The return journeys from the Racecourse commence around 45 minutes before the last race and continue for up to 2 hours. The bus will drop off at the train station and at the bus stop on The Avenue (just off the High Street). At the Racecourse the shuttle bus service will drop off and collect from the middle of the Annual Badge Holders car park, outside Premier Entrance 1 at the July Course.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Outside Access (Course Office Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the Course Office.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 170cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is a member of staff available for assistance at this entrance.
Reception (Course Office)
- The reception point is located after the entrance.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the reception point.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the reception point.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the reception point which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The reception counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the reception point are good.
- The height of the reception counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is a lowered section of the counter.
- The lowered section of the counter is at the recommended height of 76cm.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the lowered section of the counter.
- There is a clear knee recess beneath the lowered section of the counter.
- The clear knee recess does not have the recommended dimensions of 70cm (height) x 50cm (depth).
- The counter is staffed.
- The type of flooring in the reception area is tiles.
Reception Waiting Area
- There is a waiting area close to the reception point.
- Access to the waiting area is unobstructed.
- The seats do not have armrests.
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located next to the Fast Track App Bar.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located next to the Fast Track App Bar.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around The July Course link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the July Course link (new tab) - click here.