Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of The July Course please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- There are three wheelchairs available for hire from the Course Office. You are advised to book a wheelchair in advance with the Customer Relation department to guarantee use of this service.
- Temporary induction loops can also be provided. The induction loop provided is a neck loop (which is used in conjunction with a hearing aid) or earphones to use with the pack (if preferred please bring your own headphones to use with the pack). Please contact the Course Office for help with this service.
- Merge onto the A11 at junction 9, signposted Newmarket and Norwich. After 10 miles branch left and merge onto the A1304, signposted Newmarket. After 5 miles take the second exit at the roundabout, signposted The July Racecourse. The Sat Nav postcode is CB8 0XE.
- The nearest Railway Station is Newmarket.
- A complimentary shuttle bus service runs on all racedays between Newmarket town centre and Newmarket Racecourse. Starting approximately 2 hours before the first race the service picks up outside Hughes Electrical Store on the High Street and at the train station. The return journeys from the Racecourse commence around 45 minutes before the last race and continue for up to 2 hours. The bus will drop off at the train station and at the bus stop on The Avenue (just off the High Street). At the Racecourse the shuttle bus service will drop off and collect from the middle of the Annual Badge Holders car park, outside Premier Entrance 1 at the July Course.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Approach (Grandstand and Paddock Enclosure to Trackside)
- The surface of the approach is tarmac.
- The slope to the left of Stand 4 has a steep gradient. The slope to the right of the Stand 4 has a slight gradient.
- There is a ramp/slope on the approach.
- The ramp/slope is permanent, has a slight gradient.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There is a/are step(s) on the approach.
- There is/are 6 clearly marked step(s), with handrails on both sides.
- Handrails are not at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 15cm.
- The depth of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
Grandstand and Paddock - Trackside
- There is step free access to the Trackside area.
- The surface of the Trackside area is tarmac and grass.
- There is slight slope leading to the front of the Trackside area.
- The betting ring is located on the tarmac in front of the steppings.
Designated Seating Area(s) (Grandstand and Paddock)
- The name of the designated seating area is the Trackside Lawn.
- There is ramped/sloped access to the designated seating area.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides going up.
- The designated seating area(s) is/are clearly signed.
- The view from the seating area is good.
- There is sufficient space for an assistance dog to rest.
- There is a dedicated steward to provide assistance.
- There is an accessible toilet close to the seating area.
- There are two similar platforms on the Grandstand and Paddock Trackside Lawn.
Stand 4 - Steppings
- There are 1 to 15+ steps from the trackside to the rear of the steppings.
- The height of the steps are 20cm.
- The steps to access the steppings are clearly marked.
- There are handrails available on the steps leading from the front to the back.
- There are stanchions in places.
- The height of the steppings are 39cm.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located next to the Fish and Chip Shop.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located next to the Fish and Chip Shop.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around The July Course link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the July Course link (new tab) - click here.