Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of The July Course please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- There are three wheelchairs available for hire from the Course Office. You are advised to book a wheelchair in advance with the Customer Relation department to guarantee use of this service.
- Temporary induction loops can also be provided. The induction loop provided is a neck loop (which is used in conjunction with a hearing aid) or earphones to use with the pack (if preferred please bring your own headphones to use with the pack). Please contact the Course Office for help with this service.
- Merge onto the A11 at junction 9, signposted Newmarket and Norwich. After 10 miles branch left and merge onto the A1304, signposted Newmarket. After 5 miles take the second exit at the roundabout, signposted The July Racecourse. The Sat Nav postcode is CB8 0XE.
- The nearest Railway Station is Newmarket.
- A complimentary shuttle bus service runs on all racedays between Newmarket town centre and Newmarket Racecourse. Starting approximately 2 hours before the first race the service picks up outside Hughes Electrical Store on the High Street and at the train station. The return journeys from the Racecourse commence around 45 minutes before the last race and continue for up to 2 hours. The bus will drop off at the train station and at the bus stop on The Avenue (just off the High Street). At the Racecourse the shuttle bus service will drop off and collect from the middle of the Annual Badge Holders car park, outside Premier Entrance 1 at the July Course.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Outside Access (Moet and Chandon Bar Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the bar.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are easy to open.
- The width of the door opening is 88cm.
- There is step free access to the Moet and Chandon Bar to the right of the bar, there is small threshold from the grass to the wooden path in front of the entrance.
- In front of the entrance there is a shallow step.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the bar.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food and/or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food and/or drinks can be brought to the table.
- The height of the service counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- There is step-free access within the bar.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Background music varies according to the function/event.
- The type of flooring in this area is wood and grass.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests on both sides.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 70cm.
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 101cm.
- Plastic/takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic/takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Children are welcomed in the bar area.
- There are wall menus available.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- On racedays there is seating available inside and outside the bar.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located within the male and female standard toilets in the Premier Enclosure.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located within the Premier Enclosure.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around The July Course link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the July Course link (new tab) - click here.