Show Easy Read
Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of The July Course please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- There are three wheelchairs available for hire from the Course Office. You are advised to book a wheelchair in advance with the Customer Relation department to guarantee use of this service.
- Temporary induction loops can also be provided. The induction loop provided is a neck loop (which is used in conjunction with a hearing aid) or earphones to use with the pack (if preferred please bring your own headphones to use with the pack). Please contact the Course Office for help with this service.
- Merge onto the A11 at junction 9, signposted Newmarket and Norwich. After 10 miles branch left and merge onto the A1304, signposted Newmarket. After 5 miles take the second exit at the roundabout, signposted The July Racecourse. The Sat Nav postcode is CB8 0XE.
- The nearest Railway Station is Newmarket.
- A complimentary shuttle bus service runs on all racedays between Newmarket town centre and Newmarket Racecourse. Starting approximately 2 hours before the first race the service picks up outside Hughes Electrical Store on the High Street and at the train station. The return journeys from the Racecourse commence around 45 minutes before the last race and continue for up to 2 hours. The bus will drop off at the train station and at the bus stop on The Avenue (just off the High Street). At the Racecourse the shuttle bus service will drop off and collect from the middle of the Annual Badge Holders car park, outside Premier Entrance 1 at the July Course.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- The Racecourse crossing is located next to the Parade Ring.
- There is step free access to the crossing point.
- There is a gate leading on to the crossing point, the gate opens away from you and is 180cm wide.
- The surface of the crossing point is long grass.
- On the opposite side of the crossing there is a gate leading to the Trackside side pavilions.
- The gate opens away from you and is 145cm wide.
- The Trackside Pavilions are located across the racecourse.
- The Trackside Pavilions consist of three hospitality marquees; Rous, Moorestyle and Empress Chalets. Disabled parking is available behind the Trackside Pavilions for customers with hospitality in this area. This parking must be pre-arranged with the Hospitality Team. Access from the car park to the Pavilions is via blocked paved pathways, closely mown grass and tarmac.
- There is step free access on the paths around the pavilions.
- There is path around the pavilions, the surface of the path is block paving. The rest of the area is grass.
- There is step free access to the viewing areas next to the track.
- On racedays there are seating areas located next to the track.
Accessible Toilet(s) (Trackside Pavilions)
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) for public use.
Location and Access
- There is step-free access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is heavy.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 79cm (2ft 7in).
- The door has a horizontal grab rail.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 144cm x 195cm (4ft 9in x 6ft 5in).
- The accessible toilet does not have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- The toilet has not got a non-slip floor.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- There is a spatula type lever flush.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the toilet.
- Disposal facilities are available in the toilet.
- There is a/are open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The height of the coat hook is 140cm from the floor.
Position of Fixtures
- There is a/are wall-mounted grab rail(s) available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rail(s) is/are on both sides.
- There is a vertical wall-mounted grab rail on the transfer side.
- There is a horizontal wall-mounted grab rail on the opposite side of the seat to the transfer space.
- There is a mirror.
- The mirror is not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- There is not a shelf next to the toilet.
- The toilet has a fixed horizontal rail without a padded backrest.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- There is a vertical wall-mounted grab rail on the right hand side of the wash basin.
- The wash basin tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- Taps have clear markings to indicate hot and cold settings.
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 105cm.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 125cm (4ft 1in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are good.
Baby Changing Facilities
- Baby changing facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The baby change table is not set against the wall, permanently fixed at 75cm from the floor.
- The baby change table is not height adjustable.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 100cm (3ft 3in).
Standard Toilet(s) (Trackside Pavilions)
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- There is step-free access to the female and male toilet(s).
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- An ambulant toilet with wall-mounted grab rails is available.
- The vertical and horizontal grab rails vary.
- The wash basin tap type is push.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the toilets.
- Lighting levels are good.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around The July Course link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the July Course link (new tab) - click here.