Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of The Rowley Mile course please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- There are three wheelchairs available for hire from the Course Office. It is advisable to book in advance for the use of this service.
- Hearing loop systems are provided at various locations across the racecourse. A loop system is available in the Course Office as well as the Bistro, The Millennium Suite and the Champs Gallery. Temporary induction loops are available for use by customers on site. The induction loop we provide is a neck loop. If required please inform the Customer Relations team in advance of your arrival.
- The A11 and A14 provide easy access from the major cities of East Anglia and from the M11 and A1 / M1 respectively. If you are travelling along the M11 from London please use the following directions: Merge onto the A11 at junction 9, signposted Newmarket and Norwich. After 10 miles branch left and merge onto the A1304, signposted Newmarket. After 5 miles take the third exit at the roundabout. Travel along the Cambridge Road for 1 mile and then turn left, signposted Rowley Mile Conference Centre. Turn left again and you will be on the Rowley Mile drive. Sat Nav postcode: CB8 0TF
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest Railway Station is Newmarket.
- A complimentary shuttle bus service runs on all race days between Newmarket town centre and the racecourse. Starting approximately 2 hours before the first race, the service picks up outside Hughes Electrical Store on the High Street and at the train station. The return journey's from the racecourse commence around 45 minutes before the last race and continue for up to 2 hours. The bus will drop off at the train station and at the bus stop on The Avenue (just off the High Street). At the Racecourse the shuttle bus service will drop off and pick up at the Grandstand and Paddock Entrance on The Rowley Mile.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Outside Access (Betting Shop Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located within the Premier Enclosure, next to the approach to the Trackside.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are easy to open.
- The width of the opening is 135cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
Counter (Betting Counter - Betting Shop)
- The counter is located to the left of the shop.
- The counter is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the Betting Shop Entrance.
- The counter is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is not placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the counter are good.
- The height of the counter is 131cm.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- The type of flooring in this area is vinyl.
- The betting shop is located off the Premier Enclosure next to the approach to the Trackside.
- There is step free access within the betting shop.
- The surface of the floor is vinyl and non slip.
- There are betting shelves on the wall.
- The height of the betting shelves varies between 97cm and 112cm.
- There are stools available.
- There are television screens within the betting shop.
- There is good lighting within the betting shop.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located in the Premier Enclosure.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located in the Premier Enclosure.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around the Rowley Mile link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Rowley Mile link (new tab) - click here.