Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of The Rowley Mile course please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- There are three wheelchairs available for hire from the Course Office. It is advisable to book in advance for the use of this service.
- Hearing loop systems are provided at various locations across the racecourse. A loop system is available in the Course Office as well as the Bistro, The Millennium Suite and the Champs Gallery. Temporary induction loops are available for use by customers on site. The induction loop we provide is a neck loop. If required please inform the Customer Relations team in advance of your arrival.
- The A11 and A14 provide easy access from the major cities of East Anglia and from the M11 and A1 / M1 respectively. If you are travelling along the M11 from London please use the following directions: Merge onto the A11 at junction 9, signposted Newmarket and Norwich. After 10 miles branch left and merge onto the A1304, signposted Newmarket. After 5 miles take the third exit at the roundabout. Travel along the Cambridge Road for 1 mile and then turn left, signposted Rowley Mile Conference Centre. Turn left again and you will be on the Rowley Mile drive. Sat Nav postcode: CB8 0TF
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest Railway Station is Newmarket.
- A complimentary shuttle bus service runs on all race days between Newmarket town centre and the racecourse. Starting approximately 2 hours before the first race, the service picks up outside Hughes Electrical Store on the High Street and at the train station. The return journey's from the racecourse commence around 45 minutes before the last race and continue for up to 2 hours. The bus will drop off at the train station and at the bus stop on The Avenue (just off the High Street). At the Racecourse the shuttle bus service will drop off and pick up at the Grandstand and Paddock Entrance on The Rowley Mile.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Outside Access (Course Office Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the Course Office.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 190cm.
- There is a slope with a very easy incline.
Reception (Course Office)
- The reception point is located to the right of the office.
- The reception point is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the Course Office Entrance.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the reception point.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the reception point.
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the reception point which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the reception point are good.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- The type of flooring in the reception area is tiles.
Reception Seating Area
- There is a waiting area close to the reception point.
- Access to the waiting area is unobstructed.
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located next to the Frankel Lounge and Parade Ring.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located next to the Frankel Lounge and Parade Ring.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around the Rowley Mile link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Rowley Mile link (new tab) - click here.