COVID-19 Information (NHS Property Services)
- Louth County Hospital is located north of the town centre on High Holme Road, off of the B1520 (Grimsby Road). It can be easily accessed from the A16 to the north and south of the town via the junctions with the B1520, or from the A16 to the west of the town via the B1200.
- There is 1 main car park at the rear of the hospital grounds. There is additional car parking in front of each separate building. Each of the car parking areas has Blue Badge Bays.
- There is no on site bus stop but buses do stop in High Holme Road adjacent to the hospital. Please note that some of the hospital services are at the top of a hill from the bus stop.
- There is no national rail station in Louth. The nearest national rail station is Grimsby Town.
- This is the maps and directions webpage for Louth County Hospital on the NHS Choices website.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- Monday 09:00 - 14:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 14:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 14:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 14:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 14:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Bus Stop(s) and Drop-off Point(s)
- There is not an onsite bus stop.
- There is a/are clearly marked onsite drop-off point(s).
- The main drop off point is located to the left of the main hospital front left hand entrance and is within the car park. There is a second drop off point located in front of the main hospital front right hand entrance.
- The main drop off point is located in the car park to the front of the main hospital left hand entrance. (Photos 1 and 2). The nearest bay is approximately 10m from the main hospital left hand entrance. The route to the main hospital left hand entrance is tarmac and concrete paving. There is a dropped kerb on route. The second drop off point is approximately 10m from the main hospital right hand entrance. (Photos 3 and 4). To access the hospital involves crossing a road which is generally quiet. The road has a moderate slope. The road is tarmac. The drop off point is concrete.
- The venue does have a dedicated car park.
- The car park is located at the rear of the hospital.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are clearly marked/signposted Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked and signposted.
- There is/are 5 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 370cm x 596cm (12ft 2in x 19ft 7in).
- There is a 1200mm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are additional car parks for staff and visitors.
- Additional blue badge bays and standard bays are available outside of the Urgent Care Centre. There are additional blue badge bays in other areas throughout the hospital grounds including the entrance to the main hospital reception and community clinics at the front of the building.
- There are parking charges for the car park.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located at the entrance to the car park and at the payment machines in the car park.
- Payment signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- To see the parking charges please click here (opens new tab).
- Payment machines are located at the front of the car park and at the rear of the car park.
- There is not a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The entrance is not clearly visible from the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is not clearly signposted.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac, concrete tiles and concrete.
- There is no tactile paving on dropped kerbs between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 95m (103yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 78cm.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 78cm.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides going up.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 119cm (3ft 11in).
Getting Around The Building
- There is step free access throughout the building.
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is concrete and laminate.
- There is some flooring in corridors with a very shiny finish which could cause issues with glare or be perceived as slippery.
- Handrails with a rounded or oval profile are not provided in corridors.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Lighting levels of at least 100 lux at floor level, were recorded in most corridors surveyed.
- Wayfinding signage is not provided.
- Dementia friendly signage is not provided.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- This venue does not play background music in public areas.
- There is not a hearing assistance system in the public areas of the building.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located in the corridor at the rear of the building.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- There is written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- An ambulant toilet with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the toilets.
- Lighting levels are low to moderate.
- Lighting levels are not at least 100 lux at floor level.
Related Access Guides
- Louth County Hospital Main Hospital Building link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Community Clinic and Hospital Main Reception link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Outpatient Department link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Pathology Department link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Pharmacy link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy link (new tab) - click here.