Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include conference facilities, The Business Centre and The John Spencer Technical Centre.
- Related link The Business Centre.
- Related link The John Spencer Technical Centre.
Opening Times (Term Time)
- Monday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 16:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Opening Times (Holiday Time)
- Monday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Friday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Worksop.
- The nearest mainline station is Worksop.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
Parking (Main Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 8 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 400cm x 600cm (13ft 1in x 19ft 8in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 22m (24yd 2in) from the entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The desk/counter is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- This venue is mainly used by the College as conference rooms that are rented to external companies for conferences and seminars.
- There is a cafeteria area located at the rear of the reception that can be used during the times the rooms are in use.
- The rooms are also used to teach Electronics when the rooms are free.
- There are 3 rooms, Percival, Hopkins and Grey, which all have sliding walls so they can be opened up to create 1 or 2 large rooms.
- Photograph 1 shows the reception area.
- Photograph 2 shows the cafeteria.
- Photographs 3 and 4 show the Hopkins and Percival rooms with the walls taken out to create 1 bigger room.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- These stairs are accessed through a double set of doors located directly ahead of you as you enter.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the right of the reception.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- The lift is approximately 9m (9yd 2ft) from the the entrance.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 138cm x 102cm (4ft 6in x 3ft 4in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is tactile and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on the ground floor, the third door on your right as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 222cm x 150cm (7ft 3in x 4ft 11in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 107cm (3ft 6in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 75cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located on your right as you enter .
- The female and male toilets are 3m (9ft 10in) from the main entrance.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is a small threshold as you enter the door of the standard female toilets.
- There are additional standard male and female toilets located on the first floor.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.