- Services / facilities within the building include a cafe, used by college staff and students, and the general public.
- The Old School House is located in front of the campus main building.
- Monday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Thursday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Friday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Strabane.
- The nearest mainline station is Londonderry.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is outside the campus main building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 450cm x 450cm (14ft 9in x 14ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 15m (16yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located next to the designated bay.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 84cm (2ft 9in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 85cm (2ft 9in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located to the right as you face the entrance.
- There is / are 3 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The ramp overcomes the steps mentioned, and has handrails both sides.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played at the counter.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 2m (6ft 7in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 68cm (2ft 3in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held and wall.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is main meals, hot and cold snacks.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located at the rear of the cafe.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 143cm x 182cm (4ft 8in x 5ft 12in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The towel dispenser is 123cm (4ft) high.
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the sink is 80cm (2ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.