Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include office and administration facilities for a number of teams dealing with childrens issues, such as occupational and speech therapy, respite care arrangements and school nursing services. Some assessment facilities are available in the building.
Getting Help and Assistance
- Hospital staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are available in an alternative format and can be provided to include: Braille on request, large print on request and different languages on request.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Northampton.
- Access is by appointment only.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located to the front and left of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 300cm x 480cm (9ft 10in x 15ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 25m (27yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located next to the Blue Badge bay at the side of the building.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are light.
- The width of the door opening is 180cm (5ft 11in).
- ALthough the doors are manual there is no access except when met by staff so there is no need to operate the door unaided.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl/laminate.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Most services are carried out away from the building. Children may be assessed on site and some case conference meetings are held here.
- There is no reception desk. Visitors are greeted at the door.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is tactile and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located on the main corridor.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The door is light.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 210cm x 160cm (6ft 11in x 5ft 3in).
- The accessible toilet does not have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 78cm (2ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.