Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of the racecourse please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- British Sign Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request and large print on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the racecourse in advance.
- There are portable hearing loops available to use for race meetings and conferences and events. If you require a portable hearing loop please contact the racecourse in advance.
- The racecourse is easily accessible from any direction. From the North follow the A60 or A612. From the South follow the A60 and A453. From the East or West follow the A52. Once at Nottingham follow the brown signs or yellow park & ride signs to the racecourse.
- There is ample on-site parking which is free. There is also parking for coaches and minibuses.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest bus route from the city centre is Number 44 which departs from King Street in the city centre, or the Ecolink which stops on Parliament Street and Collins Street. The Park and ride is situated next door to the racecourse.
- The nearest Railway Station is Nottingham.
- Nottingham Station is only two miles from the course. There is a taxi rank at the station. It will take you approximately 10-15 minutes to get to the racecourse from the station.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- The trackside area is located in front of the Grandstand.
- There is step free access throughout the trackside area.
- The majority of the trackside has a tarmac surface.
- There is a lawn area to the left of the trackside area.
- There is a very slight slope leading from the rear to the front of the trackside.
- There is betting ring located in front of the grandstand.
- There are picnic benches available on the lawn area.
Designated Seating Area(s) (Grandstand Trackside)
- The name of the designated seating area is Grandstand Trackside.
- There is step-free access to the designated seating area.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides going up.
- The designated seating area(s) is/are clearly signed.
- The view from the seating area is good.
- The number of spaces for wheelchair users varies (dependent on match/event).
- There is sufficient space for an assistance dog to rest.
- There is a dedicated steward to provide assistance.
- There is an accessible toilet close to the seating area.
- There is step free access to the front of the steppings.
- There are 1 to 15+ steps leading from the front to the rear of the steppings.
- Some of the steppings are clearly marked.
- There are stanchions available.
Owners and Trainers Stand - Steppings
- There is step free access to the Owners and Trainers Stand - Steppings via the Grandstand Trackside.
- There is a steep slope or steps leading up from the Premier Lawn area.
- There are 1 to 10 steps leading from the front to the rear of the steppings.
- The Premier Lawn is located in front of the Centenary Stand.
- There is step free access to the Premier Lawn.
- There is step free access throughout the Premier Lawn.
- There are picnic benches available.
Counter (Betting Counter - Trackside)
- The counter is located between the Grandstand and Centenary Stand.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the counter are good.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is a lowered section of the counter.
- The lowered section of the counter is not at the recommended height of 76cm.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located within the Grandstand and Centenary Stand.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located within the Grandstand and Centenary Stand.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.