Show Easy Read
Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of the racecourse please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- British Sign Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille on request and large print on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the racecourse in advance.
- There are portable hearing loops available to use for race meetings and conferences and events. If you require a portable hearing loop please contact the racecourse in advance.
- The racecourse is easily accessible from any direction. From the North follow the A60 or A612. From the South follow the A60 and A453. From the East or West follow the A52. Once at Nottingham follow the brown signs or yellow park & ride signs to the racecourse.
- There is ample on-site parking which is free. There is also parking for coaches and minibuses.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest bus route from the city centre is Number 44 which departs from King Street in the city centre, or the Ecolink which stops on Parliament Street and Collins Street. The Park and ride is situated next door to the racecourse.
- The nearest Railway Station is Nottingham.
- Nottingham Station is only two miles from the course. There is a taxi rank at the station. It will take you approximately 10-15 minutes to get to the racecourse from the station.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Outside Access (Paddock Bar)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the Paddock Bar.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides of the ramp.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located to the right of the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are not between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 20cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the left going up the step(s).
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
Eating and Drinking (Paddock Bar)
- The following information is for the bar.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food and/or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food and/or drinks can be brought to the table.
- The height of the service counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is a lowered section of the counter.
- There is a clear knee recess beneath the low/lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is step-free access within the bar.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Background music varies according to the function/event.
- The type of flooring in this area is vinyl.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m from the entrance/opening.
- The nearest table is approximately 2m from the till/counter.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 80cm.
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 112cm.
- The standard height for tables is 109cm.
- Plastic/takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic/takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Children are welcomed in the bar area.
- There are wall menus available.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The lighting levels are good.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located within the Grandstand and Centenary Stand.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located within the Grandstand and Centenary Stand.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.