Show Easy Read
- Related link Green Entrance.
- Muslim Prayer Rooms are located on lower ground floor of the South Corridor.
- The venue is open 24hrs.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Sherwood.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Bulwell.
Parking (Green Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 380cm x 475cm (12ft 6in x 15ft 7in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 7m (7yd 1ft) from the Green Entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 38m (41yd 1ft) from the Green Entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Comments View
Outside Access (Green Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on South Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 147cm (4ft 10in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 148cm (4ft 10in).
Level Change (Green Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
Level Change (South Corridor)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in the main corridor.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
Outside Access (Muslim Prayer Rooms Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on lower ground floor of the south corridor.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are light.
- The width of the door opening is 74cm (2ft 5in).
- There are individual doors for the male and female prayer rooms. They have the same details.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet.
- The lighting levels are low.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Disability awareness training is available for staff.
- The most commonly used documents can be produced in different formats on request.
- Different formats may include Braille, large print, different languages, voice recognition CD and audio.
- Staff will be happy to arrange for a British Sign Language communicator to be available. Please contact the clinic / service within a reasonable amount of time prior to your appointment to request this.
- Thebigword Interpreting Service provides interpreters for people receiving care from Nottingham University Hospitals.
- An interpreter can be booked either via hospital staff or by calling the agency direct on 0870 748 8000.
- Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu are the core languages covered.
- Also covered are :
- Bengali, Polish, Kurdish, Chinese, Farsi, Arabic, Turkish and Gujarati along with Mirpuri and Sylheti dialects.
- In core languages the Agency guarantees an interpreter within two hours.
- Other languages are also offered - please contact the Agency for advice.
- The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can provide advice and support for accessing these services.
- They can be contacted on 0800 052 1195 or by visiting the office in the South Corridor.
- Registered assistance dogs are generally welcomed in all areas although departments with high risk from infection, such as intensive care units, should be contacted in advance.
- The assistance dog spending area is located to the left of the Trust HQ building. Please click here to view the site map
- Switchboard staff are Type Talk aware.
- A textphone is available in the Outpatients Department.
- Help with luggage is available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available in the hospital include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, bath hoists, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- There is no charge for mobility aids.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a nurse/doctor.
- There is not a mobility scooter charging point at the hospital.
- Portable hearing loop systems are not available at the hospital.
- Children are generally welcomed in most departments but should be accompanied by an adult.