Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include Coffee City Coffee Shop.
- Nottingham Breast Institute is located off South Road.
- Monday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Sherwood.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Bulwell.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 350cm x 470cm (11ft 6in x 15ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 13m (14yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 21m (22yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Outside Access (Breast Institute Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off North Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 135cm (4ft 5in) wide.
Level Change (Breast Institute Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
Reception (Main Reception)
- The desk is 5m (16ft 5in) from the main entrance .
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is high height.
- The desk has a lowered section.
- The desk is generally staffed.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use system.
- There is not a touch screen.
- There is not a prescription box.
- There is not a bell to attract attention.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the desk.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Route finding signage is not available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet and vinyl.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Waiting Room / Area
- There is a waiting room / area.
- There is level access into the waiting room / area.
- There is not a/are not door(s) into the waiting room / area.
- The type of flooring is wood.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs with armrests are available.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- The waiting room / area does not have background music playing.
- There is not a television.
- Vending machines are not available.
- There is not a play area or toys/books for a child to play with.
- There is space for an assistance dog to rest within the seating area.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located behind reception.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 14m (15yd 11in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The door is heavy.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 225cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 5in).
- The accessible toilet does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 103cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 75cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- The baby change facilities are located within the adapted toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located behind reception.
- The female and male toilets are 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Disability awareness training is available for staff.
- The most commonly used documents can be produced in different formats on request.
- Different formats may include Braille, large print, different languages, voice recognition CD and audio.
- Staff will be happy to arrange for a British Sign Language communicator to be available. Please contact the clinic / service within a reasonable amount of time prior to your appointment to request this.
- Thebigword Interpreting Service provides interpreters for people receiving care from Nottingham University Hospitals.
- An interpreter can be booked either via hospital staff or by calling the agency direct on 0870 748 8000.
- Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu are the core languages covered.
- Also covered are :
- Bengali, Polish, Kurdish, Chinese, Farsi, Arabic, Turkish and Gujarati along with Mirpuri and Sylheti dialects.
- In core languages the Agency guarantees an interpreter within two hours.
- Other languages are also offered - please contact the Agency for advice.
- The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can provide advice and support for accessing these services.
- They can be contacted on 0800 052 1195 or by visiting the office in the South Corridor.
- Registered assistance dogs are generally welcomed in all areas although departments with high risk from infection, such as intensive care units, should be contacted in advance.
- The assistance dog spending area is located to the left of the Trust HQ building. Please click here to view the site map
- Switchboard staff are Type Talk aware.
- A textphone is available in the Outpatients Department.
- Help with luggage is available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available in the hospital include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, bath hoists, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- There is no charge for mobility aids.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a nurse/doctor.
- There is not a mobility scooter charging point at the hospital.
- Portable hearing loop systems are not available at the hospital.
- Children are generally welcomed in most departments but should be accompanied by an adult.