Show Easy Read
- South Entrance is located on South Road.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Sherwood.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Bulwell.
Parking (South Entrance)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 335cm x 455cm (10ft 12in x 14ft 11in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 56m (61yd 9in) from the south entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 60m (65yd 1ft) from the south entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located in front of the south entrance.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is not tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
- Comments View
Outside Access (South Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on South Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 168cm (5ft 6in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 164cm (5ft 5in).
Level Change (South Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located immediately beyond the entrance and leading to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Wayfinding signage is available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl/laminate.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Level Change (South Corridor)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in the main corridor.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
Waiting Room / Area
- There is a waiting room / area.
- The waiting room / area is 18m (20yd) from the entrance .
- There is level access into the waiting room / area.
- There are not doors into the waiting room / area.
- There is room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- The type of flooring is vinyl.
- All chairs are permanently fixed.
- Chairs with armrests are not available.
- The room does not have background music playing.
- There is not a television.
- Vending machines are not available.
- There is not a children's play area.
- There is space for an assistance dog to rest.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are LG-G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in the foyer area as you enter.
- The lift is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the south entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are LG-G-1-2.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 128cm (4ft 2in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 148cm x 260cm (4ft 10in x 8ft 6in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is Braille, tactile and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located on the left as you enter between the first and second set of doors.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the south entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards and outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The door is heavy.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 94cm (3ft 1in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 235cm x 250cm (7ft 9in x 8ft 2in).
- The accessible toilet does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on both sides.
- The lateral transfer space is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 108cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 112cm (3ft 8in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located in the foyer area.
- Unisex toilets are 20m (22yd) from the south entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Disability awareness training is available for staff.
- The most commonly used documents can be produced in different formats on request.
- Different formats may include Braille, large print, different languages, voice recognition CD and audio.
- Staff will be happy to arrange for a British Sign Language communicator to be available. Please contact the clinic / service within a reasonable amount of time prior to your appointment to request this.
- Thebigword Interpreting Service provides interpreters for people receiving care from Nottingham University Hospitals.
- An interpreter can be booked either via hospital staff or by calling the agency direct on 0870 748 8000.
- Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu are the core languages covered.
- Also covered are :
- Bengali, Polish, Kurdish, Chinese, Farsi, Arabic, Turkish and Gujarati along with Mirpuri and Sylheti dialects.
- In core languages the Agency guarantees an interpreter within two hours.
- Other languages are also offered - please contact the Agency for advice.
- The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can provide advice and support for accessing these services.
- They can be contacted on 0800 052 1195 or by visiting the office in the South Corridor.
- Registered assistance dogs are generally welcomed in all areas although departments with high risk from infection, such as intensive care units, should be contacted in advance.
- The assistance dog spending area is located to the left of the Trust HQ building. Please click here to view the site map
- Switchboard staff are Type Talk aware.
- A textphone is available in the Outpatients Department.
- Help with luggage is available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available in the hospital include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, bath hoists, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- There is no charge for mobility aids.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a nurse/doctor.
- There is not a mobility scooter charging point at the hospital.
- Portable hearing loop systems are not available at the hospital.
- Children are generally welcomed in most departments but should be accompanied by an adult.