- There is no step free access from Barbican Station.
- The total distance is approximately 225m.
Turn Left to Carthusian Street
- Turn left upon exiting the station and continue for approximately 50m.
- The surface of the road is concrete with the occasional manhole.
- There is a slight uphill gradient.
- As you exit Barbican Station, there is a bus station to the left.
- The bus stop serves routes 4, 56, 156.
Cross Carthusian Street
- There are drop curbs with tactile pavements on each side of the street.
- The road is tarmac.
Turn Left and head down Carthusian Street
- Head down Carthusian Street for approximately 68m.
- The surface of the street is uneven block paving.
- There is a slight downhill gradient along the street.
Turn Right and head down towards Charterhouse Square
- Turn right here. The surface of the pavement is block paving.
- Keep going for approximately 25m until you reach a gate. The gate has a width of 107cm.
- There is a service road.
- There are drop curbs on either side of the road.
- The surface of the road is cobbled.
Keep Going Forward to Charterhouse Square
- Keep going for approximately 90m.
- The surface of the pavement is block paving with manhole covers.
- There is a service road along the pavement with concrete drop curbs on either side. The surface of the road is tarmac.
Entrance to Charterhouse Square
- There are two doors to access the Square.
- The first is heavy and opens away from you with a width of 70cm (as shown in photograph 2).
- The second is permanently held open and has a width of 70cm (as shown in photograph 3).
- There is a single shallow step in front of the first entrance (as shown in photograph 4).
- There is also a medium step located after both doors (as shown in photograph 5).
- Neither of these steps have handrails or are colour contrasted.