- Related link Garrod Building.
- There is no step free access to or from Whitechapel Tube Station.
Turn Right on Exiting the Station
- Turn right on exit and proceed for approximately 24m.
- The bridge has a easy slope heading upwards and followed by a slight downhill gradient.
Go Down the Steps
- To reach Court Street you will need to go down 10 medium steps with handrails on each side.
Continue Down Court Street to Whitechapel Road
- Continue down Court Street for approximately 46m.
- The surface of the street is block paving. The street also has a slight downhill gradient.
- There are bollards at the end of the street to access Whitechapel Road. These have a width of 116cm.
Cross Whitechapel Road
- There is a pedestrian crossing at the end of Court Street to cross Whitechapel Road.
- There are tactile drop kerbs on either side of the road and an island in the middle.
Turn Right to Turner Street
- Turn right and head down Whitechapel Road for approximately 35m.
- The surface of the pavement is block paving with the occasional manhole cover.
Turn Left onto Turner Street
- Turn left onto Turner Street and head down for approximately 80m.
- The surface of the pavement is block paving.
- There is an uphill gradient as you head along Turner Street this is followed by a downhill gradient.
- As you reach the bottom of the downhill gradient there are bollards with a width of 160cm (as shown in photograph 4).
Continue Along Turner Street past the Main Entrance to the Garrod Building
- Continue along Turner Street for approximately 45m.
- The surface of the pavement is an uneven mixture of tarmac and concrete.
Turn Left Along Stepney Way
- Turn left along Stepney Way for approximately 47m.
- The corner of the street turning into Stepney Way is brick block paving.
- The rest of the way is blocked paving.
Turn Left to Access the Accessible Entrance
- Turn left and keep going for approximately 41m.
- The surface is tarmac.
- There is an uphill gradient.