- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- There has been no changes to parking or the Blue Badge parking bays.
- The majority of buildings have one way systems which are clearly marked on floors and walls.
- Some buildings have entry doors and exit doors with signage clearly displayed.
- Some buildings have an entry door and a separate exit door, all marked with floor signage.
- Hand sanitisers are available outside each teaching room.
- Mobile sanitising stations are located at; Main Site Tower, Peter Frogatt Centre, MBC, David Keir Building and Ashby Building.
- Teaching rooms have been allocated a maximum number of occupants which is marked on the doors.
- Signage around social distancing has been introduced across all buildings.
- All main reception desks now have Perspex screening.
- Lifts are still in action and can go up or down. Most have an occupancy of 1 person.
- Accessible toilets are still in use.
- Standard toilets are marked up with a maximum number of users allowed.
- Some shower cubicles have been closed off.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include the groundsmen's office and a changing room.
- Related link Malone Main Clubhouse.
- Related link Malone Pavilion - Block 8 - TURF CHANGING ROOMS.
- This venue is located off Upper Malone Road. This can be accessed via many routes through the city, mainly Malone Road (A55).
- This venue has its own car park which is free for all users for the duration of their stay. There is a drop off point in front of the venue and main car park on the left as you head towards the building.
- The closest bus stop is located on Upper Malone Road, which is roughly 0.2 miles (a 3 minute walk). This bus route is not very popular and is only served by 8A, 8B, 8C, 524, 524A and 905 which run at a reduced service.
- The closest train station to this venue is Balmoral Station, which is located on Upper Lisburn Road, roughly 1.1 miles away from the venue.
- To see more information on Disability Services please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 028 9097 5251.
- Email: [email protected]
- The Disability Services offers support in a wide range of issues, as well as offering help in obtaining the DSA (Disabled Students Allowance).
- To see more information on Asperger’s Social and Support Group at Queen’s please click here (opens new tab).
- The group meets at least once a month during term-time, usually in the Student Guidance Centre. It allows students to develop friendships, discuss any difficulties which they may experience at university and receive support both from their peers and the group facilitators (two Disability Officers). The group meets in a safe, secure environment where members feel comfortable and accepted. Group activities vary and depend on members’ interests, e.g. watching a film, visiting the Ulster Museum and the Linen Hall Library, going out for lunch, as well as workshops on healthy eating and stress management.
- To see more information on University Health Service please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 028 90 664634.
- Students are entitled to medical services at the University Health Centre.
- To see more information on Disability Research Network please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 028 9097 5117.
- Email: [email protected]
- The Disability Research Network is a new multi-disciplinary initiative aimed at enhancing collaboration between academics, policymakers, practitioners and community and voluntary sector organisations with an interest in disability studies and research. It provides a unique opportunity for members to share knowledge and disseminate the growing body of disability research being carried out in Northern Ireland, stimulate debate about disability issues and develop collaborative partnerships for future disability research and further development of disability policy and practice.
- The building does not have its own dedicated parking.
Site/Campus Car Parks
- There is a site/campus car park for staff, students and visitors within approximately 200m.
- The name of the car park is Malone Clubhouse Car Park.
- The car park is located in front of the Malone Clubhouse.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Site/Campus Car Park (Malone Clubhouse Car Park)
- The car park is located off Upper Malone Road.
- The nearest building(s) to this car park is/are Malone Main Clubhouse.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- Designated Blue Badge parking bays are available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 4 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within this car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 420cm x 540cm (13ft 9in x 17ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the designated bays do not vary in size.
Charges and Restrictions
- This car park can be used by anybody.
- There are no parking charges that apply on the day.
- Signs are not provided to give information on parking charges/restrictions.
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point in this car park.
Car Park Access
- There is sloped access to the car park from the Malone Main Clubhouse.
- The nearest designated bay is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is step free access throughout the area.
- There are not doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- There is not clear signage for building facilities/areas in the foyer/reception area.
- There is no directional signage at key points of circulation routes.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are good.
- This building does not play background music.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
Standard Changing Room
- There is a/are standard changing room(s) available.
- The standard changing room(s) surveyed is/are located on the left hand side as you enter.
- The standard changing room(s) is/are approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the standard changing room(s).
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located within the changing rooms.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 200cm x 240cm (6ft 7in x 7ft 10in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 170cm (5ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Accessible shower facilities are available.
- The accessible shower(s) surveyed is/are located within the changing room.
- The facilities available in the accessible shower(s) include; an adjustable shower head, handrails and a flip-down seat.
- The height of the seat is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- Other facilities available include; a drop down rail and a shower curtain.
- There is level access to the services from the accessible shower facilities.
- There are no standard toilets in this venue.