- The information in this section was taken in August 2022.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Resorts World Birmingham is located within the NEC Complex to the east of Birmingham, just 5 minutes from the M42 Junction 6, and the A45. From the M42 and A45 please follow the signs towards the NEC.
- There are 2 car parks available for Resorts World Birmingham: Multi-storey Car Park and Car Park South 2 Overflow Parking. The Multi-storey Car Park is located at the rear of Resorts World Birmingham. The entrance is located on South Car Park Road, off Pendigo Way. For directions to Resorts World Birmingham Multi-storey Car Park please use the postcode: B40 1NT.
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest bus stop is Birmingham International Station, approximately 950m from the venue.
- For more information on buses in the West Midlands please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Birmingham International.
- Resorts World Birmingham is approximately a 11 minute (0.5 miles) walk from Birmingham International station which connects you to all major cities in the UK.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- The assistance dog toilet or toileting area is located on the grass areas surrounding the venue.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include mobility scooters and wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the guest services team.
- All mobility aids are available at the guest services desk, located on the ground floor of the building.
- There are two car parks located around Resorts World Birmingham.
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham – Multi-storey Car Park please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham - Car Park South 2 Overflow Parking please click here (opens in new tab).
Approach (NEC and Resorts World Arena to Lakeside and Lower Ground Floor)
- The surface of the approach is tarmac.
- There is a/are fixed bollard(s) on the approach.
- The minimum width between the bollards/wall is 112cm.
- The height of the bollard(s) is 110cm.
- The bollards have a visual identification band the paving.
- There is a set of bollards atop the steps an at the bottom of the ramp, the bollard information above relates to the bollards at the bottom of the slope. The minimum width between the bollards atop of the steps is 96cm.
- There is step-free access on the approach.
- There is a ramp/slope on the approach.
- The ramp/slope is permanent, has a slight gradient and has no handrails.
- The ramp does not have resting areas.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There is a/are step(s) on the approach.
- There is/are 10+ clearly marked step(s), with handrails on both sides.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 17cm.
- The depth of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- There is step free access along the Lakeside Area.
- The surface of the flooring is block paving.
- There is bench seating available.
- There is a stepped seating area next to the lake.
- There are between 1 to 7 steps.
Outside Access (Lakeside - Lower Ground Floor)
- This information is for the entrance located next to the lakeside.
- The entrance area/door is not clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the opening is 122cm.
- There is step-free access throughout the lower ground floor.
- There are not doors in corridors/walkways which have to be opened manually.
- The type of flooring in corridors/walkways is carpet and tiles.
- There is some flooring in corridors/walkways which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- Handrails with a rounded or oval profile are not provided in corridors/walkways.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in the majority of corridors/walkways.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Access to other floors/levels is via escalator and lift.
- Wayfinding signage is provided.
- The colour, design and typeface of signs is consistent throughout the building.
- This venue does play background music in public areas.
- Music is played throughout the public areas of the building.
- Escalators can be used to access other floors.
- The escalator(s) is/are located in the atrium, at the centre of the building.
- Signs indicating the location of the escalators are not available from the entrance.
- The escalators go both up and down.
- The floors which are accessible by escalator(s) are LG, G, 1 and 2.
- The escalator(s) steps are not clearly marked.
- The foot and head of the escalator(s) are not clearly marked.
- The lighting levels at the escalator(s) are good.
- The escalators are clearly visible from the main entrance on the lower ground floor only.
- The location of the escalators is clearly marked on the site plans located throughout the building.
Lift (Main Lift)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in the atrium, at the centre of the building.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- A member of staff does not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are LG, G, 1 and 2.
- Clear signs indicating the facilities on each floor are provided on lift lobby landings.
- There is a clear level manoeuvring space of 150cm × 150cm in front of the lift.
- Lift doors do contrast visually with lift lobby walls.
- The external controls for the lift are not within 90cm - 110cm from the floor.
- The colour contrast between the external lift controls and the control plate is good.
- The colour contrast between the external lift control plate and the wall is good.
- The clear door width is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 141cm x 200cm (4ft 8in x 6ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- There is a list of floor services available within the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The internal controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- There is a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting levels in the lift are good.
- There is a/are similar lift(s) available.
- The location of the lift is clearly marked on the site plans located throughout the building.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located on the ground floor.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located on the ground floor.
Resorts World Birmingham
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham - Ground Floor please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham - First Floor please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham - Second Floor please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham - Management Offices please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham - Toilet Facilities please click here (opens in new tab).