- Services / facilities within the building include climbing walls, bouldering area, training area, cafe, Plastic Heroes equipment shop.
- There is level access to the main climbing area and equipment shop.
- The cafe, bouldering area and training area are on the mezzanine level with access by stairs.
- The facilities are available to experienced members for unsupervised climbing.
- The centre also runs training courses for all ages, children's parties, corporate training events and training for working at heights.
- Please see the centre website for the event programme and the shop opening times.
- Monday 10:00 - 22:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 22:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 22:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 22:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 22:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 19:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 19:00.
- The venue opening hours for bank holidays are 10:00 - 19:00.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Woolwich.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Woolwich Dockyard.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park is to the right of the main access road.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The patron does have to cross a road.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 167cm (5ft 6in) wide.
- The desk is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is high.
- The desk does not have a lowered section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The picture shows part of the main ground floor climbing area.
- There is a tapered threshold where the rubber safety floor commences.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G - Mezzanine.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are cafe, viewing area, bouldering area and training room.
- At the top of the stairs there is a short moderate ramp to the mezzanine floor.
- There is a deep step up to the bouldering area.
Eating and Drinking (Cafe Rosilee)
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 2m (2yd 7in) from the the top of the stairs.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 72cm (2ft 4in).
- Plastic cups are available.
- Plastic cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available on request.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is light meals and snacks.
- The cafe usually closes one hour before the main centre.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left of the foyer, opposite the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is not a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a sliding bolt.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 125cm x 180cm (4ft 1in x 5ft 11in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is not a lateral transfer space.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are not available.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 81cm (2ft 8in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a drop down rail to the right of the toilet.
- The other grab rail was due to be refixed.
- A fabric towel was available.
Standard Changing Room
- There are standard changing rooms available.
- The standard changing room is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The standard changing room is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the reception desk.
- The standard changing rooms are located off the foyer, opposite reception.
- There is level access to the standard changing rooms.
- Within the male and female changing rooms there are standard shower cubicles.
- There is a high step over into the cubicles.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located within the standard male and female changing rooms.
- The female and male toilets are 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.