- Services / facilities within the building include main hall/ games room, kitchen, computer games areas, IT suite, studio, radio training room.
- Related link Young Greenwich event programme.
- Valley Central is a community space housed in the corner of Charlton Athletic Football Club ground.
- The venue hosts a wide range of community groups, including older people and people with disabilities.
- The centre is also the base for one of the borough's main youth clubs.
- The centre is also available to hire to outside groups for events and functions.
- On match days the venue is closed for community events but is used for ticket collection.
- Monday 09:00 - 22:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 22:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 22:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 22:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 22:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the area.
- This venue is situated in Charlton.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Charlton.
- The nearest bus stops are on Charlton Church Road and Woolwich Road.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 10+ designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 250cm x 400cm (8ft 2in x 13ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 100m (109yd 1ft) from the Valley Central main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 120m (131yd 8in) from the Valley Central main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The designated bays are on the far side of the car park, near to the entrance to the stand.
- The car park is not usually busy on non-match days.
- There is ample space to park closer to the venue in a standard bay.
- There are some uneven surfaces in the car park.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the left of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on the right going up.
Eating and Drinking (Kitchen Counter)
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 64cm (2ft 1in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic cups are available.
- Drinks and snacks are generally prepared by members of the groups using the facilities.
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- The main entrance opens directly into the main hall.
- The IT suite is located on the lower ground floor.
Level Change (Lower Ground Floor)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located opposite the main entrance.
- There is/are 8 step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are medium.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are deep (18cm+).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the left going up.
- There is a lift to access this area/service.
- The lift does bypass the step(s).
Lift (Platform Lift to Lower Ground Floor)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located on the stairs opposite the main entrance.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G - LG.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- The lift is approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 120cm x 82cm (3ft 11in x 2ft 8in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- As of January 2017 the lift is was out of order.
- Please contact venue for further updates.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located opposite the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 170cm x 200cm (5ft 7in x 6ft 7in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 98cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are not available.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 95cm (3ft 1in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located to the left of the main room.
- The female and male toilets are 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Children are welcomed at the venue.
- The pictures show the studio and games area on the lower ground floor.