- Services / facilities within the building include a central hall, kitchen, large meeting room and offices.
- Related link Rosebud Centre for Girls.
- This venue runs a youth club on Monday evenings.
- Other rooms are available to hire for groups and classes and also private events such as parties.
- Some of the office space is permanently occupied by other community organisations.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Woolwich Dockyard.
- The nearest underground station is North Greenwich.
- The nearest DLR station is Woolwich Arsenal.
- The venue is also close to the Woolwich Free Ferry, connecting with the north of the Thames.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located off Antelope Road, on the far (north) side of the building as you enter the Dockyard site from Boneta Road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 480cm (11ft 10in x 15ft 9in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the YMCA main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 18m (19yd 2ft) from the YMCA main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- This building shares a car park with the Clockhouse Community Centre and includes the central area as well as the upper area of the car park immediately next to the YMCA building.
- The 3 Blue Badge bays are in the upper area.
Outside Access (YMCA Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the north side of the building, facing the car park.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a separate doorbell for the Rosebud Centre which is 110cm high.
Level Change (YMCA Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 125cm (4ft 1in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
- Photographs 1 and 2 show the central hall.
- There is a kitchen with servery counter off the hall (shown in photographs 3 and 4).
- Photograph 5 shows the large meeting room.
- Photograph 6 shows the corridor leading to the toilets and offices.
Accessible Toilet (Female)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the YMCA main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located in the standard female and male toilets, to the right as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is not a unisex toilet.
- There are separate female and male accessible toilets in the standard toilets.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 138cm x 190cm (4ft 6in x 6ft 3in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 79cm (2ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the right as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the YMCA main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the lobby leading to the standard female toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located in the car park.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.