- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Kingston upon Thames.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Kingston.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is the Eden Walk Shopping Centre.
- The car park is located in Eden Street.
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Eden Street Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 180cm (5ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Eden Street Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the restaurant.
- The scooter can be used all areas of the restaurant.
- Motorised scooters are welcomed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are standard toilets and addititional seating.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the Eden Street entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 71cm (2ft 4in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 71cm (2ft 4in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is fast food.
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is tactile, pictorial and Braille signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is 17m (18yd 1ft) from the Eden Street entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left of the service counter as you enter the restaurant.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from a member of staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 159cm x 198cm (5ft 3in x 6ft 6in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 92cm (3ft).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are not mirrors.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 104cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a wash basin.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 90cm (2ft 11in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the first floor.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.