- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town or city.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Kingston.
- Monday 09:30 - 19:00.
- Tuesday 09:30 - 18:00.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday 09:30 - 19:00.
- Friday 09:30 - 18:00.
- Saturday 09:30 - 17:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The library is closed on bank holidays and public holidays including Good Friday, Easter Monday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Outside Access (Tudor Drive)
- There is level access into the venue.
- The bell is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 105cm (3ft 5in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The automatic doors are operated by a push pad button.
- The 2nd set of doors are usually held open during opening hours.
- The reception desk is 5m (16ft 5in) from the front entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is low height.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library has a wheelchair accessible computer desk available.
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- This accessible toilet is 11m (12yd 1in) from the accessible entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the library.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a sliding bolt.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 200cm x 220cm (6ft 7in x 7ft 3in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- The tap type is lever.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 75cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- Wall mounted and drop down rails are available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.