- Services / facilities within the building include standard self-catered accommodation.
- Related link George Eliot Block D (Reception).
- Related link George Eliot Houses A - C.
- Related link George Eliot Houses E - F.
- Related link George Eliot Houses G - M.
- From the M25, exit at junction 13 and follow the A30 towards the Egham bypass. Following this road, continue straight across the first roundabout you encounter and continue on the road, following signs for Royal Holloway University. The entrance is off the A30 on the left as you approach, clearly signposted.
- There is a site/campus car park available for permit holders only.
- There is a bus stop in front of the entrance to the university, along the A30. The bus services that run from this stop are 8, 441, 500, RH1, RH2 and RH3.
- The nearest train station is Egham. From here you can get a bus or taxi to the university. For buses, use services RH1 or RH3.
- The Disabilities and Dyslexia Services Team are located in Founder's East. Go to room FE140. They offer support and information to students with disabilities.
- To see more information on the Disabilities and Dyslexia Services Team please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01784 414 621.
- Email: [email protected].
- The Student Services Centre offers help and advice to all students.
- To see more information on Student Services Centre please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01784 276 641.
- Email: [email protected].
- To see more information on Accommodation please click here (opens new tab).
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- Academic buildings are generally open between 09:00 and 18:00 hrs and are on swipe card access at all other times. Residential buildings are open to residents by swipe card access only.
- Car Park 12 is currently not in use as it houses an NHS testing centre. There are no restrictions in any of the other car parks though the ANPR system is still in operation so please register if you are parking at the College for the first time.
- Queuing systems are in place for all teaching buildings and will remain until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted - specific details can be obtained from the student app.
- There have been numerous changes to facilitate social distancing and safe queuing. Full details are available on the student app.
- Access has not been reduced for any building and all accessible routes are in place as described in the guides and can still be used.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed at the entrance to all large buildings where student numbers would preclude everyone washing their hands.
- Teaching space capacities have been reduced though more venues have been put into use.
- Café and restaurant capacities (when these are allowed to open) have also been reduced.
- Study space capacity has been reduced with approximately half the spaces not in use to allow proper social distancing.
- One way systems now exist in some buildings though not all - full details are available on the student app.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signage is in place on walls and doors identifying routes to and from teaching spaces and reminding people to wear face coverings.
- All counters have a protective screen. All shared study spaces are fitted with dividers.
- Use of the lifts is restricted to those who are moving items or who have issues with using the stairs.
- Signage is present on some smaller toilets asking people to knock and wait before entering.
- Some urinals and sinks in standard toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- Changing areas have reduced capacities.
- COVID marshals are in place to assist at the busier teaching spaces.
- The Campus has NQA COVID secure status which it received in September 2020.
- The College is running an Asymptomatic testing centre for staff and students - located in the picture gallery - intended to help stop the Asymtomatic transmission of COVID-19.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The building does not have its own dedicated parking.
Site/Campus Car Parks
- There is a site/campus car park for staff and visitors within approximately 200m.
- The name of the car park is Car Park 14.
- The car park is located near the Woodlands Building.
On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and/or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The on street standard parking bay(s) is/are located on Harvester Road.
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Site/Campus Car Park (14)
- The car park is located between Wetton's Terrace and George Eliot.
- The nearest building(s) to this car park is/are George Eliot Centre, Woodland's, Wetton's Terrace and Wetton's Annex.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- Designated Blue Badge parking bays are available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 4 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within this car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 360cm x 610cm (11ft 10in x 20ft).
- The dimensions of the designated bays do not vary in size.
Charges and Restrictions
- This car park can be used by permit holders.
- There are no parking charges that apply on the day.
- Signs are provided to give information on parking charges/restrictions.
- Signs are clearly presented.
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point in this car park.
Car Park Access
- There is ramped access to the car park from the Woodlands Building.
- This car park is clearly signposted from the Woodlands Building.
- The nearest designated bay is 60m (65yd 1ft) from the Woodlands Building main entrance.
Outside Access (N2)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of House N.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a bell/buzzer.
- The height of the bell/buzzer is 116cm (3ft 10in).
- There is not an intercom.
- A key card is required for access at this entrance.
- The height of the card reader/lock is 116cm (3ft 10in).
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the door.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- There are similar entrances into all other blocks examples can be seen in photographs 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1, 2 and 3.
- The stairs are located in front of you on entrance.
- The stairs are approximately 5m from the N2 entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to access the stairwell from the first floor upwards.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There are similar stairs in all blocks.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Available auxiliary aids include flashing alarms and vibrating pillows.
- Flashing fire alarms are available on request.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- There are no rooms downstairs.
- The rooms have a double bed, desk, a chair with armrests and storage/cupboard space.
- The shared bathrooms have a shower and standard facilities with a door width of 67cm.
- The kitchen has substantial counter and storage space with standard amenities.
- There is a shared lounge/seating area and also a dining area.
Standard Toilet Surveyed
- A shared standard toilet was surveyed.
- The toilet surveyed is located between the entrance and the kitchen.
- The standard toilet surveyed is approximately 5m from the main entrance.
- There is not a/are not cubicle(s) suitable for ambulant disabled people in the standard toilet(s) surveyed.
- Lighting levels in the standard toilet surveyed are good.