- This accommodation is for undergraduates and is self catered. The main reception for this accommodation is reception 1 in The Hub.
- Related link The Hub.
- From the M25, exit at junction 13 and follow the A30 towards the Egham bypass. Following this road, continue straight across the first roundabout you encounter and continue on the road, following signs for Royal Holloway University. The entrance is off the A30 on the left as you approach, clearly signposted.
- There is a site/campus car park available for permit holders only.
- There is a bus stop in front of the entrance to the university, along the A30. The bus services that run from this stop are 8, 441, 500, RH1, RH2 and RH3.
- The nearest train station is Egham. From here you can get a bus or taxi to the university. For buses, use services RH1 or RH3.
- The Disabilities and Dyslexia Services Team are located in Founder's East. Go to room FE140. They offer support and information to students with disabilities.
- To see more information on the Disabilities and Dyslexia Services Team please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01784 414 621.
- Email: [email protected].
- The Student Services Centre offers help and advice to all students.
- To see more information on Student Services Centre please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 01784 276 641.
- Email: [email protected].
- To see more information on Accommodation please click here (opens new tab).
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- Academic buildings are generally open between 09:00 and 18:00 hrs and are on swipe card access at all other times. Residential buildings are open to residents by swipe card access only.
- Car Park 12 is currently not in use as it houses an NHS testing centre. There are no restrictions in any of the other car parks though the ANPR system is still in operation so please register if you are parking at the College for the first time.
- Queuing systems are in place for all teaching buildings and will remain until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted - specific details can be obtained from the student app.
- There have been numerous changes to facilitate social distancing and safe queuing. Full details are available on the student app.
- Access has not been reduced for any building and all accessible routes are in place as described in the guides and can still be used.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed at the entrance to all large buildings where student numbers would preclude everyone washing their hands.
- Teaching space capacities have been reduced though more venues have been put into use.
- Café and restaurant capacities (when these are allowed to open) have also been reduced.
- Study space capacity has been reduced with approximately half the spaces not in use to allow proper social distancing.
- One way systems now exist in some buildings though not all - full details are available on the student app.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signage is in place on walls and doors identifying routes to and from teaching spaces and reminding people to wear face coverings.
- All counters have a protective screen. All shared study spaces are fitted with dividers.
- Use of the lifts is restricted to those who are moving items or who have issues with using the stairs.
- Signage is present on some smaller toilets asking people to knock and wait before entering.
- Some urinals and sinks in standard toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- Changing areas have reduced capacities.
- COVID marshals are in place to assist at the busier teaching spaces.
- The Campus has NQA COVID secure status which it received in September 2020.
- The College is running an Asymptomatic testing centre for staff and students - located in the picture gallery - intended to help stop the Asymtomatic transmission of COVID-19.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The building does not have its own dedicated parking.
Site/Campus Car Parks
- There is a site/campus car park for staff, students and visitors within approximately 200m.
- The name of the car park is car park 6A.
- The car park is located at the rear of Tuke.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Site/Campus Car Park (6A)
- The car park is located to the rear of Tuke.
- The nearest building(s) to this car park is/are Tuke and The Hub.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- Designated Blue Badge parking bays are not available.
Charges and Restrictions
- This car park can be used by permit holders.
- There are no parking charges that apply on the day.
- Signs are provided to give information on parking charges/restrictions.
- Signs are clearly presented.
- To see more information on parking policies please click here (opens new tab).
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point in this car park.
Car Park Access
- There is sloped access to the car park from the main university road.
- This car park is clearly signposted from the Hub.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located to the right as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The ramp is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is step free access throughout the building via lift(s).
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- There is not clear signage for building facilities/areas in the foyer/reception area.
- There is clearly written directional signage at key points of circulation routes.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are good.
- This building does not play background music.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Doors leading to the accessible accommodation areas can be controlled using a remote that is given to students in the accessible accommodation.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- The stairs are located to the right as you enter.
- The stairs are approximately 3m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to access the stairwell on all floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the right as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- The weight limit for the lift is 800kg.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 135cm x 140cm (4ft 5in x 4ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 4 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The accessible facilities are located on the ground floor, off the main corridor.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- The room number viewed was A-0A-01.
- The width of the door to the room is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The dimensions of the clear floor space are 150cm x 817cm (4ft 11in x 26ft 10in).
- The bed is 54cm (1ft 9in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 21cm (8in).
- Light switches are within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- Other accessible facilities available in the accommodation are The first door into the building/flat is automatic.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
- The information relates to the ensuite.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 220cm x 250cm (7ft 3in x 8ft 2in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 93cm (3ft 1in).
- The door is easy to open.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the wash basin is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 148cm (4ft 10in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are available.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are push.
- The shower seat is flip-down.
- The shower seat height is 54cm (1ft 9in).
- There are handrails available for the shower.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is good.
- The lighting levels are good.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is poor.
- The colour contrast between the dropdown rails and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are good.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Available auxiliary aids include flashing alarms and vibrating pillows.
- Flashing fire alarms are in rooms.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- There is / are 4 accessible room(s) with a wheel in shower.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- None of these rooms are accessed by platform lift.
- Rooms are located off the corridor.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors can be accessed by lift.
- There is level access to standard rooms on other floors.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- The accessible bathrooms toilet has a flush on either side.
- There is a kitchen in each flat with standard kitchen facilities.
- On the ground floor, in the flat with the 4 accessible accommodation rooms, the kitchen has a lowered oven, counter, washing machine, sink and storage.
- There is a lowered counter with sink and hobs at a height of 76cm.
- The door to the kitchen is power assisted.
- The photographs show the accessible room, the kitchen within that flat and an example standard room on the floor above.