- Sheldon Block Entrance is located at the front of the building.
- Monday 06:00 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 06:00 - 20:00.
- Wednesday 06:00 - 20:00.
- Thursday 06:00 - 20:00.
- Friday 06:00 - 20:00.
- Saturday 06:00 - 20:00.
- Sunday 06:00 - 20:00.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Birmingham.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Jewellery Quarter.
Parking (Sheldon Block)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 6 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 248cm x 602cm (8ft 2in x 19ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 6m (19ft 8in) from the Sheldon Block Entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 22m (24yd) from the Sheldon Block Entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Sheldon Block Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the block.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 153cm (5ft 0in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in) wide.
Level Change (Sheldon Block Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
Waiting Room / Area
- There is a waiting room / area.
- The waiting room / area is 3m (9ft 10in) from the entrance .
- There is level access into the waiting room / area.
- There are not doors into the waiting room / area.
- There is room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- The type of flooring is vinyl.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs with armrests are available.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- The room does not have background music playing.
- There is not a television.
- Vending machines are not available.
- There is not a children's play area.
- There is space for an assistance dog to rest.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located straight ahead on the right after you enter.
- The lift is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the Sheldon Block entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2-3.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 167cm x 266cm (5ft 6in x 8ft 9in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- Adapted facilities are located in the Birmingham & Midland Eye Centre.
- Standard facilities are located on the second floor.
Additional Info Health
- Disability awareness / equality training can be provided for hospital staff.
- The most commonly produced documents could be provided in other formats.
- Documents in Braille, large print, audio and different languages format can be requested.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in most areas of the hospital.
- Areas with a high risk from infection, such as intensive care and wards should be contacted in advance before accessing with assistance dogs.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Switchboard staff are Text Relay aware.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, ceiling tracking hoists, wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- Portable hearing loops can be provided on request.