- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- There have been no changes to parking or the Blue Badge parking bays.
- Staff are located at the entrances.
- Additional entrances and exits are currently in place for students to assist with social distancing.
- Visitors to the college will still use the main entrance and exit points.
- Some of the additional entrance and exit points may not be suitable for wheelchair users. Please phone in advance for more information.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at entrances, in each classrooms and in corridors.
- There may be restrictions on the number of people allowed into shared services at any one time.
- People are advised to keep left in corridors and to keep moving to their destination and not congregate in corridors.
- Signs have been put up on walls and doors to remind people to maintain social distancing, wear a face covering, keep left in corridors and to regularly wash / sanitise hands.
- Floor signs are in place at the main reception desks.
- All counters now have protective screens.
- Some urinals and cubicles in standard toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- Track and Trace is in use for the Hair & Beauty Salons through the NHS COVID APP.
- Many of the social areas within the college are closed to prevent student bubbles from mixing.
- Staggered break and lunch times are in place to assist with social distancing in refectories.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Related link Blossomfield Campus Main Building.
- Related link B Block (Enterprise Centre).
- Human Resources is located on the first floor of B Block.
- It is accessible via the Main Reception Entrance.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Blossomfield Campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Solihull.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located to the left of the main Campus Building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 15+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 500cm x 400cm (16ft 5in x 13ft 1in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 90m (98yd 1ft) from the Main Reception Entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 95m (103yd 2ft) from the Main Reception Entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located to the front of the College Building.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
Outside Access (Main Reception Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
Level Change (Main Reception Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- The stairs are located to the rear of student services.
- The stairs are approximately 40m from the main building entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the rear of student services.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Wall mounted information boards are provided at lift landings.
- The weight limit for the lift is 1200kg.
- The lift is approximately 46m (50yd 11in) from the main reception entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 195cm x 140cm (6ft 5in x 4ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing enhancement system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Outside Access (Human Resources Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the first floor of B Block.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing assistance system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is Braille, tactile and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the lift.
- This accessible toilet is located on the first floor, to the left as you leave the lift.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
- This is by lift.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from main reception.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 164cm x 200cm (5ft 5in x 6ft 7in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are clinical waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There are similar accessible toilets on all other floors.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
- There are male and female standard toilets facilities on all floors.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the first floor to the left when leaving lift.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is generally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level 3.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- There is Braille and Tactile signage throughout the college.
- Documents including student policies and statements can be also be requested in symbol, on audio tapes and on computer disk.
- There is a Braille Reader available for students on request.
- There are 24 members of staff trained at BSL Level 1, 1 member of staff trained at level 2, and 1 member of staff trained at level 3.
- Throughout the college there are computers which have visual software available.
- There are fire alarm alerters for people with hearing impairments available at reception.
- There is a mobile hoist with a hook and loop attachment available on request.
- There is a Minicom number available: 0121 678 7005.