- Opened in 1992 and is situated in a rural setting. The cemetery accommodates lawn graves and cremated remains graves, there is also an area set aside for the strewing of cremated remains.
- We have dedicated memorials in our cemeteries for babies who have died around the time of their birth, these have been commissioned by Solihull SANDS.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Widney Manor.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
Ground Opening Times
- Cemetery grounds are open:
- November to January - 9.00 to 16.15.
- February, March and October - 09.00 to 17.00.
- April to September - 09.00 to 16.00.
- Sundays and Bank Holidays open at 10.00 and close at the same times as above.
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day - 10.00 to 14.30.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located all around the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 290cm x 490cm (9ft 6in x 16ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the toilet block entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 9m (9yd 2ft) from the toilet block entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Cemetery Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
- The paths have a tarmac surfaces.
- The majority of the paths are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are easy and moderate slopes on the paths.
- There are bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
Outside Access (Toilet Block Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the information office.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The information office is no longer used by the cemetery.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the toilet block entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located in the toilet block.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 207cm x 193cm (6ft 9in x 6ft 4in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 133cm (4ft 4in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are clinical waste and sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 103cm (3ft 5in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Level Change (Toilet Block Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading up to the facilities.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on the right going up.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located within the toilet block.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the toilet block entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.