- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Ayr.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Newton-on-Ayr.
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are wall mounted.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Toilets are currently unavailable.
- The venue is not certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- Monday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Monday 14:00 - 19:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Tuesday 14:30 - 19:30.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Wednesday 14:30 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Friday 14:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Blue Badge holders are permitted to park in the car park beside the building belonging to the neighbouring business when using this surgery.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 84cm (2ft 9in) wide.
- The desk/counter is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are not trained to use the system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the building.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Level Change (Inside Access)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located ahead as you enter.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 13m (14yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located ahead as you enter at the end of the corridor past reception.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 165cm x 215cm (5ft 5in x 7ft 1in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 126cm (4ft 2in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.