Show Easy Read
- Monday 09:30 - 16:30.
- Tuesday 09:30 - 16:30.
- Wednesday 09:30 - 16:30.
- Thursday 09:30 - 16:30.
- Friday 09:30 - 16:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Getting Here (Bethlem Royal Hospital)
- Bethlem Royal Hospital is located to the South of Beckenham just off the A232 (Wickham Road). The hospital site can be accessed from the west and Croydon via the A23 and A232 and from the East and M25 via the A21 and A232.
- The Hospital has areas of parking located outside all services. Please see specific service guides for more detailed information.
- The nearest bus stop is Bethlem Royal Hospital located on Monks Orchard Road and approximately 160 metres from the main hospital entrance. The number 356 service stops here.
- The nearest train station is Eden Park which is approximately 0.7 miles away (2 min drive). The station is accessed via Monks Orchard Road and Upper Elmers End Road.
- The following link is for Traveline Journey Planner.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Eden Park.
- Click here for access information of the overall hospital grounds.
- Click here for details of the parking available within the hospital
- The bus stop on Monks Orchard Road is within 150m of the main entrance gate and the main reception.
- The other buildings are spread across a very large site, up to 800m from the main entrance gates.
Parking (Archives & Museum)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 260cm x 700cm (8ft x 22ft).
- The nearest designated bay is 13m (14yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does have to cross a road.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 77cm (2ft) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Route finding signage is not available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is non slip.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Exhibits cannot be audio described.
- Tactile signage for exhibits is not available.
- Braille signage for exhibits is not available.
- Touch tours are not available.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow.
- The nearest accessible toilets are located in the Restaurant on the ground floor. The accessible toilets are over 50m away.
- Please see the Restaurant guide for further details.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located to the left as you enter.
- Unisex toilets are 10m (10yd 3ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level (unknown at time of research).
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings and adjustable beds.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact reception.
- Hearing Loops are available on request.
- Interpreters are available on request.
- There are a number of policies specifically relating to safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children, as well as infection control policies.
- Please contact the health and safety clinical advisors for further information on the hospital.
- There is a cashpoint on-site.