- Services / facilities within the building include Fitzmary House 3 (Mother & Baby Unit).
- Fitzmary House 3 (Mother & Baby Unit) is located at the front right of the building.
Getting Here (Bethlem Royal Hospital)
- Bethlem Royal Hospital is located to the South of Beckenham just off the A232 (Wickham Road). The hospital site can be accessed from the west and Croydon via the A23 and A232 and from the East and M25 via the A21 and A232.
- The Hospital has areas of parking located outside all services. Please see specific service guides for more detailed information.
- The nearest bus stop is Bethlem Royal Hospital located on Monks Orchard Road and approximately 160 metres from the main hospital entrance. The number 356 service stops here.
- The nearest train station is Eden Park which is approximately 0.7 miles away (2 min drive). The station is accessed via Monks Orchard Road and Upper Elmers End Road.
- The following link is for Traveline Journey Planner.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Opening Times (Visiting Times)
- Monday 14:00 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 14:00 - 20:00.
- Wednesday 14:00 - 20:00.
- Thursday 14:00 - 20:00.
- Friday 14:00 - 20:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 20:00.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Eden Park.
- Click here for access information of the overall hospital grounds.
- Click here for details of the parking available within the hospital
- The bus stop on Monks Orchard Road is within 150m of the main entrance gate and the main reception.
- The other buildings are spread across a very large site, up to 800m from the main entrance gates.
Parking (Fitzmary House)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located in front of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 500cm (11ft 10in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the Fitzmary House 2 main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 18m (19yd 2ft) from the Fitzmary House 2 main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Outside Access (Fitzmary House 3 Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front right of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- There is an intercom at this entrance.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single (with a locked extension leaf).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 96cm (3ft 2in).
Level Change (Fitzmary House 3 Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Wayfinding signage is not available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet and vinyl/laminate.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Waiting Room / Area
- There is a waiting room / area.
- The waiting room / area is approximately 1m from the main entrance, after the first door.
- There is level access into the waiting room / area.
- There is not a/are not door(s) into the waiting room / area.
- The type of flooring is carpet.
- There is not a space for a wheelchair user to wait within the seating area.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs with armrests are available.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Announcements are in person.
- The waiting room / area does not have background music playing.
- There is not a television.
- Vending machines are not available.
- A water dispenser is not available.
- There is not a play area or toys/books for a child to play with.
- There is not space for an assistance dog to rest within the seating area.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
- The wards were not surveyed.
- Outside of the wards, the nearest public accessible toilet is in the Community Centre, over 100m away.
- Please see the guide to the community centre for details.
- The wards were not surveyed.
- Outside of the wards, the nearest standard toilets are located in Fitzmary House 2 on the ground floor. The standard toilets are over 20m away.
- Please see the Fitzmary House 2 guide for further details.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level (unknown at time of research).
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings and adjustable beds.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact reception.
- Hearing Loops are available on request.
- Interpreters are available on request.
- There are a number of policies specifically relating to safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children, as well as infection control policies.
- Please contact the health and safety clinical advisors for further information on the hospital.
- There is a cashpoint on-site.