Show Easy Read
- Some of the details contained in this guide are subject to change due to building work currently being carried out.
- The pedestrian access gate is 127cm wide.
- The pedestrian access gate opens away from you.
- The pedestrian access gate is permanently held open.
- There is an easy slope leading through the gate on to the main gate path.
Main Gate Path To Orchard Way
- The surface of the main gate path is tarmac.
- Cross the road at the end of Alexandra House.
- There are no dropped kerbs on either side of the road. The kerb is of shallow height.
- The path slopes upwards and then downwards approaching Orchard Way.
- Turn left at the end of the path onto Orchard Way.
- Continue ahead on Orchard Way.
- The surface of the path is block paving and uneven in places.
- There are no dropped kerbs when crossing the access road to the main car park.
- The kerb is of medium height.
- The only non stepped route along Orchard Way is to use the dropped kerb from the end of the main path and continue along the road.
- This is shown in photograph 6.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The crossing onto River Way has dropped kerbs with tactile paving on each side of the road.
River Way To River House
- The surface of the path is tarmac at the beginning with block paving around the steps at the end.
- There are slopes on the path leading to the steps, these vary between easy and moderate.
- There are 6 steps of medium height leading to the crossing to River House. They are well marked with handrails on both sides.
- Tactile paving is located at both the top and bottom of the steps.
- The crossing to River House has dropped kerbs with tactile paving on each side of the road.
- The only non stepped route along River House is to use the dropped kerb from the Orchard Way crossing and continue along the road.
- You can rejoin the path at the side of River House.
- This is shown in photographs 5 and 6.
- You have now arrived at River House.
- Click Here For Detailed Information.