Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include Psychosis Inpatient Triage Ward.
- Lambeth Triage is located at the side of Oak House main entrance.
- Lambeth Triage is located on the first floor.
- The inside of the ward was not surveyed.
Getting Here (Lambeth Hospital)
- Lambeth Hospital is located in Stockwell, South London just off Landor Road. It is approximately 450 metres from the A3 (Clapham Road) to the East and the A203 and A23 to the West.
- Standard and Blue Badge parking is located in front of the hospital main entrances.
- The nearest bus stop is Lambeth Hospital which is located on Landor Road approximately 100 metres from the main hospital entrance. The 322 service stops here.
- The nearest train station is Clapham High Street approximately 0.8 km away via Landor Road, Bedford Road, Lendal Terrace, Clapham High Street, Edgeley Road and Voltaire Road.
- The nearest underground station is Clapham North approximately 0.7 km away via Landor Road.
- The following link is for Traveline Journey Planner.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Opening Times (Visiting Times)
- Monday 14:00 - 17:00.
- Monday 18:00 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 14:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 18:00 - 20:00.
- Wednesday 14:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 18:00 - 20:00.
- Thursday 14:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 18:00 - 20:00.
- Friday 14:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 18:00 - 20:00.
- Saturday 14:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 18:00 - 20:00.
- Sunday 14:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 18:00 - 20:00.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the borough.
- This venue is situated in Lambeth.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Brixton.
- The nearest underground station is Clapham North.
Parking (Oak House)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 450cm x 500cm (14ft x 16ft).
- The nearest designated bay is 25m (27yd 13in) from the Oak House main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the Oak House main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- The patron does have to cross a road.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The nearest designated bay to Bridge House is 70m.
- The furthest designated bay to Bridge House is 75m.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front right of Oak House.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 105cm (3ft 5in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the main entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Wayfinding signage is not available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl/laminate.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located ahead as you enter the main entrance.
- The lift is 6m (6yd 22in) from the main entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 78cm (2ft).
- The dimensions of the lift are 109cm x 140cm (3ft x 4ft).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift controls do have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Outside Access (Ward Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the first floor.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 98cm (3ft) wide.
- The intercom is 136cm high.
- Outside of the wards, the nearest accessible toilets are located in Oak House on the ground floor. The accessible toilets are over 50m away.
- Please see the Oak House Guide for further details.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located in the first floor foyer.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- This toilet has signage as an accessible toilet.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level (unknown at time of research).
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings and adjustable beds.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact reception.
- Hearing Loops are available on request.
- Interpreters are available on request.
- There are a number of policies specifically relating to safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children, as well as infection control policies. Please contact the health and safety clinical advisors for further information on the hospital.
- There is no cashpoint on-site or within 100m of the main reception.