- Services / facilities within the building include Maudsley Complaints Department; other staff offices.
- Related link Maudsley Complaints Service.
- Patients may be invited to attend meetings at this building to discuss their complaint.
- As this building is not accessible, arrangements can be made to hold meetings elsewhere if required.
Getting Here (Maudsley Hospital)
- Maudsley Hospital is located in Camberwell, South London just off Denmark Hill. It is approximately 0.6 km from the A202 (Peckham Road) which gives access to the A3 and A23 to the West and the A2 and 20 to the East.
- The Hospital has its own car park which is located at the front of the hospital. Blue Badge bays are available.
- The nearest bus stop is Kings College (Stop A) which is located on Denmark Hill and is approximately 90 metres from the main hospital entrance. Services that stop here are the 42, 68, 468 and N68.
- The nearest train station is Denmark Hill approximately 200 metres away located to the South of the hospital site.
- The nearest tube station is Brixton, approximately 2.3 km away via Denmark Hill, Cold Harbour Lane, Lilford Road and Brixton Road.
- The following link is for Traveline Journey Planner.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- Access is by appointment only.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the borough.
- This venue is situated in Southwark.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Denmark Hill.
- The nearest underground station is Brixton.
Parking (Main Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located true.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 400cm x 350cm (13ft 1in x 11ft 6in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 38m (41yd 1ft) from the main entrance, using the ramp.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 48m (52yd 1ft) from the main entrance, using the ramp.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located to the left of the main entrance.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is not tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
- The Blue Badge bays are located outside the Main Entrance Building, separate from the main pay and display section of the car park.
- Blue Badge parking is limited to two hours.
- Blue Badge holders can refund parking vouchers at the main reception.
- Each of the bays has a lockable post which is opened by a member of the reception staff on request.
- Reception can be contacted on 020 3228 2135.
- Visitors may wait in the drop-off area whilst waiting for staff.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are light.
- The door opening is 79cm (2ft) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the building.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp or slope does not bypass the steps.
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 4 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The main entrance opens onto a small lobby which also serves as a waiting area for the meeting room.
- The meeting room opens to the right off this lobby.
- Other areas of the building are staff offices only.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are B-G-1-2.
- The stairs are located ahead after the main entrance.
- The stairs are approximately 5m from the main entrance.
- There are 10+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are staff offices.
- The nearest accessible toilets are located in the Main Entrance Building on the ground floor. The accessible toilets are over 50m away.
- Please see the Main Entrance Building guide for further details.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located on the ground floor, within the staff area.
- Unisex toilets are 10m (10yd 3ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- There are further standard unisex toilets and the basement, first and second floor levels.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level (unknown at time of research).
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings and adjustable beds.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact reception.
- Hearing Loops are available on request.
- Interpreters are available on request.
- There are a number of policies specifically relating to safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children, as well as infection control policies.
- Please contact the health and safety clinical advisors for further information on the hospital.
- There is a cashpoint within King's Hospital, 100m from the main reception.