- Related link Main Entrance Building.
- The Re:treat Restaurant is located off the main corridor of the Main Entrance Building.
- There is a food service counter with hot food area, salad bar, drinks and snack and a separate Costa Coffee Bar serving drinks and snacks.
- Both counters share the same dining areas.
Getting Here (Maudsley Hospital)
- Maudsley Hospital is located in Camberwell, South London just off Denmark Hill. It is approximately 0.6 km from the A202 (Peckham Road) which gives access to the A3 and A23 to the West and the A2 and 20 to the East.
- The Hospital has its own car park which is located at the front of the hospital. Blue Badge bays are available.
- The nearest bus stop is Kings College (Stop A) which is located on Denmark Hill and is approximately 90 metres from the main hospital entrance. Services that stop here are the 42, 68, 468 and N68.
- The nearest train station is Denmark Hill approximately 200 metres away located to the South of the hospital site.
- The nearest tube station is Brixton, approximately 2.3 km away via Denmark Hill, Cold Harbour Lane, Lilford Road and Brixton Road.
- The following link is for Traveline Journey Planner.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Opening Times (Breakfast and Lunch Counter)
- Monday 08:00 - 10:30.
- Monday 12:00 - 15:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 10:30.
- Tuesday 12:00 - 15:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 10:30.
- Wednesday 12:00 - 15:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 10:30.
- Thursday 12:00 - 15:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 10:30.
- Friday 12:00 - 15:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Opening Times (Costa Coffee Bar)
- Monday 07:30 - 19:00.
- Tuesday 07:30 - 19:00.
- Wednesday 07:30 - 19:00.
- Thursday 07:30 - 19:00.
- Friday 07:30 - 19:00.
- Saturday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Sunday 08:00 - 16:00.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Denmark Hill.
- The nearest underground station is Brixton.
Parking (Main Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located true.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 400cm x 350cm (13ft 1in x 11ft 6in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 38m (41yd 1ft) from the main entrance, using the ramp.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 48m (52yd 1ft) from the main entrance, using the ramp.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located to the left of the main entrance.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is not tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
- The Blue Badge bays are located outside the Main Entrance Building, separate from the main pay and display section of the car park.
- Blue Badge parking is limited to two hours.
- Blue Badge holders can refund parking vouchers at the main reception.
- Each of the bays has a lockable post which is opened by a member of the reception staff on request.
- Reception can be contacted on 020 3228 2135.
- Visitors may wait in the drop-off area whilst waiting for staff.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 148cm (4ft 10in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 163cm (5ft 4in).
- The automatic doors are operated by movement sensor, or may be held open.
- The intercom is 130cm high.
- It is only used outside of normal hours if the outer doors are closed.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the right of the main entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp or slope does bypass the steps.
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located to the left of the main entrance.
- There is / are 4 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a handrail to both sides of the ramp.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the stairs.
Level Change (Main Corridor Internal Ramp)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in the main corridor, between the reception and the wards/ services.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
Outside Access (Re:treat entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the left of the main corridor, 50m from the Main Entrance Building Entrance.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 160cm (5ft) wide.
- The restaurant can also be accessed via the Long Gallery.
- Please see the guide to the Long Gallery for further details.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the restaurant.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Wayfinding signage is available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl/laminate.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Restaurant Bar Internal
- Once inside, there is level access to the service.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the service counter.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Some tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the restaurant entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 72cm (2ft 4in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- There are a range of seating options, including dining tables, lounge-type furniture and bar-height tables arranged over several interconnecting rooms.
- The nearest fully accessible toilets are located on the lower ground floor (via wheelchair stair lift) or first floor (by lift) of the Main Entrance Building. These toilets are approximately 50m away.
- Please see the guide to the Main Entrance Building for further details.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located in the corridor between the restaurant entrance and the dining area.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the restaurant entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- An ambulant toilet with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The nearest baby change facilites are located in the accessible toilet off the main corridor. Please see the guide to the Main Entrance Building for further details.