- Services / facilities within the building include 8 bedrooms for male residents with shared bathrooms, a dining room and a common room.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include a patio garden.
- Related link 5 Heather Close.
- Related link 3 Heather Close.
- 1 Heather Close is part of a group of residential buildings with 3 and 5 Heather Close managed by the Complex Rehabilitation Service.
- The centre provides 24-hour, rehabilitation, nursing care and accommodation for up to 34 adults with long-term mental illness and challenging behaviour.
- It provides care for people who live in the London Borough of Lewisham.
- The main visitor reception for all the buildings is based in 5 Heather Close.
- Residents from other blocks may also visit 5 Heather Close to use the club room or for consultations. .
- The car park is shared by all the buildings.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Hither Green.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located in front of 5 Heather Close.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is not a dropped kerb immediately in front of the building.
- The nearest parking bay is 4m from the entrance to 5 Heather Close but the step-free route is 40m.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 88cm (2ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Route finding signage is not available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl and tiles.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- The pictures show the dining room and common room.
- There is level access from the common room into the garden.
Consultation / Treatment Room
- There are 1 consultation/treatment rooms available.
- The consultation / treatment room is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the consultation / treatment room.
- There are doors into the consultation / treatment room.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in) wide.
- The type of flooring is vinyl.
- There is room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- There is a bed / couch.
- The bed / couch is not adjustable.
- There is a chair.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- The chair is not adjustable.
- There are no chairs with armrests available.
- The room does not have background music playing.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G,1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located next to the staircase, to the right of the main corridor.
- The lift is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G,1.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 105cm x 140cm (3ft 5in x 4ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 0 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors can be accessed by lift.
- There is level access to standard rooms on other floors.
- It was not possible to access the rooms at the time of the survey.
- The bathroom is male.
- The standard bathroom is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the lift.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- Level access is by lift.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The facilities available in the standard bathroom include a toilet, a bath and a sink.
- The taps and flush are operated by sensors.
- Shower facilities are available.
- The showers are located in the standard shower room on the first floor.
- There is level access to the services from the shower facilities.
- The shower room is wet room design.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- This accessible toilet is located to the right of the ground floor corridor.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The door is light.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 180cm x 255cm (5ft 11in x 8ft 4in).
- The accessible toilet does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- There is not a spatula type lever flush.
- The tap type is push.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 85cm.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a push button alarm next to the toilet.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located in the main entrance foyer.
- Unisex toilets are 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There are additional standard toilets for residents on the first floor.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are available in Braille on request, large print on request and different languages on request.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Home visits / services are available.
- The centre is part of the rehabilitation service.
- Home visits would be arranged by the community nursing team when residents are ready to move into independent living.