Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include a graduate restaurant.
- Related link Newry Campus - East Building.
- The Graduate Restaurant is located on the ground floor of the East Building off the main entrance lobby.
- Please contact the venue for details of opening times.
- Bookings in advance are required.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Newry.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Newry.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 3 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 450cm x 520cm (14ft 9in x 17ft 1in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest designated bay is 19m (20yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 85m (92yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located outside the entrance as shown in photograph 4.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
- There are 3 spaces available at the front of the building that are closest to the main entrance (shown in photographs 1 and 2).
- There are a further 3 designated bays to the rear of the venue, as shown in photograph 3.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 162cm (5ft 4in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 166cm (5ft 5in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
Outside Access (Restaurant Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the right on entering from the main entrance.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 92cm (3ft).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The portable loop is available from any member of staff.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant.
- Full table service is available.
- Food or drinks are not ordered from the service counter.
- Some tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- All chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the restaurant entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 73cm (2ft 5in).
- The standard height for tables is 73cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are not available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is not available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is gourmet a la carte.
- Braille and large print menus can be provided if staff are informed in advance.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located on the right of the ground floor of the East Main Building.
Standard Toilet Surveyed
- A female standard toilet was surveyed.
- The toilet surveyed is located to the left as you enter the restaurant.
- There is a male standard toilet in the same location.
- There is step free access to the standard toilet(s) surveyed from the entrance.
- The standard toilet surveyed is approximately 12m from the restaurant entrance.
- There is a/are cubicle(s) suitable for ambulant disabled people in the standard toilet(s) surveyed.
- There are horizontal grab rails on both sides of the seat and a vertical rail on the left.
- Lighting levels in the standard toilet surveyed are good.
- Photographs 1 to 3 show the female toilet facilities and 4 to 6 the male toilet facilities.
- There is not an ambulant cubicle in the male toilet facilities.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.