- The venue is situated within the centre of the town or city.
- This venue is situated in St. Albans.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is St. Albans City.
Outside Access (Christopher Place)
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 168cm (5ft 6in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- Lighting levels are low.
Eating and Drinking
- Full table service is available.
- All tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are available in Braille.
- Menus are available in large print.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is Japanese cuisine.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the accessible entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the restaurant.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 157cm x 203cm (5ft 2in x 6ft 8in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 63cm (2ft 1in).
- The tap type is push.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 75cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- Wall mounted and drop down rails are available.
- There are baby changing facilities in the accessible toilet.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located at the rear of the restaurant.
- The female toilets are 19m (21yd) from the accessible entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located at the rear of the restaurant.
- The male toilets are 19m (21yd) from the accessible entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Staff are trained to take TypeTalk calls.