Show Easy Read
- This route plan covers the journey from Cashin, Cronin and Clive Blocks to the Refectory. The journey is approximately 230 metres. For those without mobility difficulties it may take about 4 minutes to walk.
- Related link Refectory.
- Related link Sports Centre.
Cashin to North West Car Park Assembly Point
- Turn right when exiting and head towards the bike racks.
- After 8m, turn right and follow the path ahead towards the car park assembly point.
- The path along this section of the route is uneven in places, consists of paving and tarmac and arcs from right to left.
Cronin to North West Car Park Assembly Point
- Exit ahead down the easy slope and turn left.
- Continue ahead for 25m towards the car park assembly point.
- The path is uneven in places and consists of paving and tarmac.
Clive to North West Car Park Assembly Point
- From the U Block entrance, exit ahead down the easy slope then turn left.
- Follow the path from right to left around the building towards entrance to T Block.
- Photographs 1-4 show this section of the route.
- From the T Block entrance, exit ahead down the easy slope then turn left and follow the path towards the entrance to S Block.
- There is a bollard after 30m in the centre of the path that narrows the width of the path to 85cm (as shown in photograph 8).
- Photographs 5-9 show this section of the route.
- From the S Block entrance, exit ahead then turn left and follow the path.
- The path changes from paving slabs to tarmac after approximately 20m.
- The tarmac section of the path consists of an easy upwards slope.
- At the end of the path the car park assembly point is located to the right.
- Photographs 10-14 show this section of the route.
- The path is uneven in places along the entire route with the path surface consisting of paving, tarmac and concrete.
From North West Car Park Assembly Point, continue ahead across the car park
- Do not use the path located to the left of the car park as there is no dropped kerb down to the road at the end.
- After 20m there are bollards with gaps between them of 140cm (as shown in photograph 2).
- Following the bollards, continue ahead towards the road.
- The car park has a cobbled surface and is very uneven throughout this section of the route.
After 35m at the car park entrance, turn left onto the road and continue towards the Sports Centre
- The road is uneven along this section of the route and has a continuous easy slope going up.
- Be wary of traffic and stay close to the left hand side of the road.
After 15m, negotiate the speed bump and continue along the road
- The speed bump has an uneven surface with a moderate slope on each side.
- Continue to be wary of traffic and stay to the left of the white line located to the left hand side of the road (as shown in photographs 1 and 2).
- After approximately 25m the road surface becomes more even and begins to arc from left to right (as shown in photographs 3 and 4).
- There is a path on the left hand side however there is no dropped kerb to access it.
- Continue along the road past the drop off point located to the left (as shown in photograph 5).
After 60m, turn left onto the road parallel to the Sports Centre and join the path at the crossing
- There is a moderate slope up to the path at the crossing with the road surface changing from tarmac to block paving.
Once on the path, turn right and cross the road at the crossing
- There is no tactile paving on either side of the crossing.
- The surface of both the path and the crossing consists of block paving.
- The path is level with the road at the crossing.
- After crossing continue ahead along the path.
- There is bench seating available to the right hand side of the path.
- After 30m the path has an easy gradient going left up towards the road.
After 50m, cross the road towards K Building
- There is tactile paving as you enter the crossing.
- There is no tactile paving as you exit the crossing.
- There are dropped kerbs at both sides of the crossing with an easy slope between the path and the road.
After crossing, continue ahead for 50m to the Refectory via the K, J, N Courtyard
- The surface of the path at this section of the route is mostly even with easy slopes in places.
- After 20m, join onto the courtyard and continue ahead towards the Refectory Corridor Entrance.
- There is bench seating available within the courtyard (as shown in photograph 4).
- When approaching the entrance, the Registry should be to the left hand side.
- There is an easy slope leading up to the entrance (as shown in photographs 5 and 6).
- For further details regarding access to the Refectory, please see the relevant access guide.
Alternate Route - Sports Centre
- There is an alternative route available around the rear of the Sports Centre via the Cashin, Cronin and Waldegrave Park courtyard (as shown in photograph 1).
- This route however, is unsurfaced in places (as shown in photograph 2) and therefore may be unsuitable for wheelchair users.
- There is also a route available which bypasses the unsurfaced sections which requires accessing the Sports Centre via the Rear Entrance (as shown in photographs 3 and 4).
- This route is only available when this door unlocked.
- Please see the Sports Centre guide for more information regarding access though the building.